Archinect
anchor

boycott america

perturbanist

le bossman, Randall Fuller, SDR and all you other over ambitious patriots. Yeah, great. I'm an american too, but you can't go around an talk about how transparent the goverment is and try and be its spokesperson and "have each others backs", like its a school yard fight. Thats when you get into arguments you frankly, can't back. No matter how many cool non-chalant [/sarcasistic] soapbox acclimations you make, and how cool it is to say yah well "fuck the world" you still end up looking like an insensitive jack ass.

The american government as with ALL governemtns as Paul Virilio says is a conglomeration of organized gangs independant from its people. You are not a part of this, so don't go blowing your whistle and say how bad ass you and all of your guns are, and how transparanet your government is. I'm sorry if you don't realize it, and if i offended you, but you have to take a look from the rest of the world's perpective, no matter if you live in buttock texas, or not, its a dire situation, one that you shouldn't try and defend, just accept it as a real circumstance, and something you have to deal with on a local level, with local people.

Nov 5, 07 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

nobody is defending the US governments absurd policies, or saying "fuck the world" as you say, if you've read my comments. my first remark was an off-hand venting that i figured would just go ignored. but if you want to get into it, we can get into it. i've read noam chomsky and howard zinn and yes paul virilio too, you know. if you don't want to start school yard fights, than don't go around calling people names like some child in a school yard, because nobody has called you anything.

Nov 5, 07 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
perturbanist

oh???? uh hemm...transparency ??? That was the arguement right?

if you'd agreed with these writers you'd notice, ... wouldn't you???

guns??? oh..okay well... you win pal, nobody "has my back". let your freak flag fly, be the spokesperson for your gonvernment, but i'm not.

...and once again if you can read...I'm sorry if you don't realize it, and if i offended you, but you have to take a look from the rest of the world's perpective, no matter if you live in buttock texas, or not, its a dire situation, one that you shouldn't try and defend, just accept it as a real circumstance, and something you have to deal with on a local level, with local people.

Nov 5, 07 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

all right all right perturbanist. clearly this has gotten out of hand. obviously i don't want to ruin your day at work here, so i'm sorry i pissed you off. i was just being sarcastic about the guns thing, i've never shot a gun in my life. and yes, i was slightly offended by your original response but i am long over it. i must go to my morning meeting now.

Nov 5, 07 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i think we should have a coup...

it was a core principle in the founding of american federal government that if it failed to serve the people's needs we were to abolish it, and start over.

how fun would that be!

Nov 5, 07 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
perturbanist

le bossman, I feel honored to have finally rattled your cage....good evening.

Nov 5, 07 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i also do not claim to be the spokesperson for my "gonvernment". i am claiming to be the spokesperson for america. also, its 12:00 in the afternoon.

Nov 5, 07 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
perturbanist

uhhh america is touchy dude...America implies south america also. Ask a pissy south american, they are americans too. At any rate, it's about 730 pm here.

Nov 5, 07 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

"in america, a leader who is selfish, ignorant, and inept will inevitably be exposed for who he obviously is and will lose his support and political capital, and this is due to the transparency of our systems. the shortcomings of our system are so quickly and easily pointed out by the people of the world because they are so readily available."

man, really, if you really believe that the political system is SO transparent here, i should pity you. The last i checked the only 2 major news networks in the US are so hell bent on adhering to their political proclivities that they warp every fact to match those biases.
Do you really trust the american news media to tell you the truth?

Nov 6, 07 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

no i don't, but as many of the news networks are out to get bush as they are in love with him. is our president censoring all of the media to create an image he prefers? his ratings are in the toilet. personally i can't stand him. it isn't as though the whole nation is running around saying "ra ra bush" because we love him so much from what we heard on the news. besides are there only 2 news networks in the US?

Nov 6, 07 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
ether

mtv and cnn?

Nov 6, 07 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

ABC, NBC, Fox, PBS. . .

Nov 6, 07 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

bossman, forget all this, have you ever LIVED outside the US for even a bit?

Nov 6, 07 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

no, i have not. but it isn't as though i've never been to other continents or come into contact with people from other countries. half the people i know come from outside the US. and hopefully in the next year i will be traveling to india. i do not mean to imply that i think that the US is the divine light of the world or anything. i just don't believe that it is as truely sinister as so many people say. perhaps one day i will be proven wrong.

Nov 6, 07 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
The New Anti-Americanism

Sounds like the world is already boycotting.

Nov 7, 07 5:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: