Archinect
anchor

boycott china

le bossman

i don't really think we should boycott china. the more we trade with them, the more we invest in them, the more we infest them with our culture and principles. the way to defeat the leninist dictatorship which rules china is to engage with them, not ignore them or confront them. i also feel this can be applied just about anywhere else, and with regard to smaller countries that we can afford to ignore, is the reason why we are so wrong in much of our foreign policy.

Nov 1, 07 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i will not, i repeat, will NOT boycott canned herring, lutefisk, sardines, or any other delicious fishiness from overseas.

Nov 1, 07 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
upside

yesterday my weariness about eating imported Chinese prawns was outweighed them being $8 a kilo cheaper!

Nov 1, 07 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
Urbanist

after bush, do we still count as a "western" country? :p

Nov 2, 07 2:10 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

yes. western in the i'm-from-connecticut-but-look-at-my-ranch kind of way.

Nov 2, 07 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

nice one ML.

Le Boss has the right idea, trade with china and let our ideas and culture infiltrate over there. Thats how we should handle Iran too.

Nov 2, 07 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

With what ???
Cheap houses ha
nice houses na. Strong houses no, modern houses new architecture, making a mountain of money on eight bit technology ,off caurse not.

You praise the freedom of speach belive, but do you realy belive in beauty, my oppinion is that you don't want it, even you would profit badly yourself, why --- becaurse you don't have it , that is why. Then why is it you can't sell your junk, is it to expensive, to ugly, why is it they don't want the whole packet ?

Please understand it, new challances are prone to come, do not hessitate, do not stay with the old, don't try patch it with digital perfection, use that instead, to deliver those houses that is not there, fabricate the blanckets , try out new technikes , rebuild the twin towers in 3dh.

??

Nov 3, 07 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Yup, spreading our desire and insatiable lust for all cool material goods will even out the world, eventually.

Ain't America great?

"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good"

Nov 3, 07 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

whatever. i'm sure sooner or later they will be building co-ops in china as well, and that they will be driving hybrids with a bumper sticker similiar to this:

they will grow dreads

Nov 4, 07 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
boycott Bjork
Mar 7, 08 7:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: