Archinect
anchor

new city shitlist

crowbert

To some up some of the above:

Never put parking between your building and the street. Never.

The only vehicle that should be allowed rest between the street and the building is an ambulance.

Idle, I thought I saw someone on the El in a giant rubber suit this morning - was that you?

Aug 14, 07 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

tall, narrow alleys can be beautiful. thinking of the alleys in stockholm. it helps when you have the architectiture to support it.

this should probably go on the wishlist though.

Aug 14, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 

soviet bus stop

Aug 16, 07 1:44 am  · 
 · 

why would that be on the shitlist, oa? that's pretty cool. maybe some additional enclosure from the elements is in order, but it's a great start!

Aug 16, 07 8:54 am  · 
 · 
simples

add some glass, change the scale, and it looks like rem designed it...

Aug 16, 07 11:13 am  · 
 · 
crowbert

It looks a little like a minimalist sculpture of a guy taking a dump. - In other words, like rem designed it.

I kid out of love!

Aug 16, 07 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I think it's pretty rad, as well. I'll take a Soviet bus stop over the defunct bus stop I have to sit at every morning and night.

Aug 16, 07 4:12 pm  · 
 · 

ahh. right. it was a mistake on my part...
i'd like to take two years off and search for the mold in central asian steppes. would make a great docudrama, "in search of bus stop mold." kind of like "meetings with remarkable men.", using the similar camera angles, used.

Aug 16, 07 4:45 pm  · 
 · 

i thought that was like sex-swing made out of concrete...thanks for the clarification

Aug 16, 07 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

how about this painting on a wall you can see from one of the most touristy places in Barcelona:

"Why call it tourist season if we can't shoot them?"

right in front of Antoni Gaudí's Güell Park!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwG66WG9_ek

Sep 15, 07 7:59 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Thanks to Orhan, I know where Zaha gets her inspiration from.

"Hey Zaha, Vladmir Tatlin called, he wants his movement back."

Sep 15, 07 5:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: