Archinect
anchor

Dow passes 13,000

Apurimac

good point q.

Jan 22, 08 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
SandRoad

What's the "Reagan-omics" connection, there, Tuna?

By the way, quiz, you do seem boring. Really boring. In that sense, I'm aspiring to be ultra-boring myself.

Jan 22, 08 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
n_
I think the Asian markets are markedly safer than ours, even though they are all linked.

Careful with the Chinese market. Companies, by law, do not have to report accurate quarterly or yearly profits, revenues, etc. Most companies over inflate their profits to save face. And many times, people sell but our returned with pennies (actually single digit yuan) per share for their apparent five figure yuan investment. Remember, this is all legal.

Jan 22, 08 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

My guy just liquidated everything. Sell. Sell. Sell.

Jan 22, 08 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

PANIC PANIC PANIC

(I want lower prices)

Jan 22, 08 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline
WAIT

... damn.

Jan 22, 08 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

You should have dumped them a month ago if you were going to.

Jan 22, 08 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Okay so maybe Reaganomics was the wrong term to use. But from my understanding it was under the Reagan administration that buying stuff on credit became more prominent.

Jan 22, 08 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

Actually - per this link: (consumer debt related to consumer disposable income) outstanding consumer debt as a percentage of consumer disposable income has more than doubled over the last three decades from 62 percent in 1975 to a very alarming 127 percent in 2005. Most of that run-up has been in the past few years.

While consumer debt got a running start during the Reagan years, it took off during Clinton's era and accellerated really fast during Dubyah's reign.

Jan 23, 08 9:55 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Its not the boomers, its their spoiled-ass kids...

Jan 23, 08 10:07 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

What ... you mean it's all the students and entry level folks running around this board?

Naw ... can't be !

Jan 23, 08 10:08 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

its not Gen Xers, its the in-between crowd, (and maybe a few Gen Xers)

Jan 23, 08 10:13 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

actually, it may seriously be our generation, c'mon folks lets educate our fellow Reagan babies.

Jan 23, 08 10:14 am  · 
 · 
nonarchitect

I dumped everything back in November...and am now looking to buy C ( Citigroup ) at $21.

Jan 23, 08 10:22 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

divest entirely

Jan 23, 08 12:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: