http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
Mar 2, 07 12:31 am  · 
 · 
mdler

global warming is a leftist theory...

Mar 2, 07 12:49 am  · 
 · 
e909

so i'd have to conclude it must be a spoof site.

Mar 2, 07 5:18 am  · 
 · 
e909

smokety
the likes of
http://www.kasperhauser.com/khmc/archives/000015.html
http://www.kasperhauser.com/khmc/archives/000079.html
they're all one liners. other than that, i'm in pain. i had to shutdown the browser.

Mar 2, 07 5:25 am  · 
 · 

the uncyclopedia is pretty fun.

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Beaux-Arts_architecture

Mar 2, 07 7:58 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

STEVEN! That's the funniest thing i think i've ever read, or maybe its the beer augmenting the hilarity. You just made my day mate, thank you for that.

Mar 3, 07 1:23 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ha ha, I love the uncyclopedia.....

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Goatse

I promise there's no picture of it!

Mar 3, 07 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
stromboli

there are also no entries on conservapedia for:

compassion
forgiveness

beatitudes:
"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

and the post on jesus is suprisingly short and innaccurate for the SAVIOUR!

http://www.conservapedia.com/Christ

seems that these are just good old fashion secular conservatives.

Mar 3, 07 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

From the Bill Clinton Listing: (I think someone is having fun with our conservative friends)

A special prosecutor was named to investigate Clinton for allegations of impropriety in the Whitewater real-estate scandal, an investment of Clintons in a failed real estate venture. Although nothing came out of this investigation, and it turned out that Clinton actually lost money on his investment, one of the results of the investigation was that the special prosecutor turned to investigating other Clinton activities, one of which (the Monica Lewinsky scandal) resulted in an impeachment trial. Bill Clinton managed to serve two terms without botching the prosecution of two wars, manipulating intelligence, engaging in a systematic program of torture, or mishandling the federal response to flooding of a major American city. Obviously, he is the devil incarnate. Clinton also attempted to use the American military to kill Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, an action which was properly seen as a mere attempt to distract the nation from the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

Mar 4, 07 8:30 am  · 
 · 

i think you're right, janosh. hm, maybe i'll start writing some conservapedia entries! ; )

Mar 4, 07 9:37 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

blessed are the cheesemakers

Mar 4, 07 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Somebody try to join and then let us know if they let you in. We could all be contributors to the Conservapedia one day....

Mar 4, 07 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
judicial activism
Mar 4, 07 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i believe i will start a vadoapedia. it will be my gift to the world.

Mar 4, 07 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I don't know how I missed this New York Times blurb on Conservapedia.......the word says it all

And, if you are not afraid that the universe might collapse by clicking this link, read about Conservapedia on Wikipedia.

Mar 9, 07 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Look, I found another one!

Godtube.com

I wonder if they have like, God-oogle too.

Maybe instead of "Yahoo!" they use "Yahweh!"

PS. I checked, www.yahweh.com is not, in fact, a search engine.

Mar 14, 07 12:10 am  · 
 · 
quixotica

They interviewed this Guy on NPR yesterday. I almost drove the car off the road just to keep from hearing him talk.

He talked about the Kangaroo and Democrat entries too.

The best part was when he got angry when comparing the conservapedia and wiki articles on "democrat" where the wiki article cites Thomas Jefferson in it's history of the party he yells
"That is so like the liberal bias to bring up jefferson!"
This guy makes raving lunatics look good.

Mar 14, 07 9:39 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

sounds like that asshat needs his own radio show, extremists make good entertainment

Mar 15, 07 1:25 am  · 
 · 
Badgerigar

Can you believe this? I got blocked in about 3 seconds for simply stating that Earth WAS round and that the Bible isn't exactly scientific evidence for anything!!

Mar 20, 07 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
Badgerigar

I'd bet anything Richard Dawkins is laughing his head off right now reading some of the s**t on that site!

Mar 20, 07 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Did anybody listen to the creator of Conservapedia on NPR the other day?

First off, I don't want to judge, but I will. His voice made my cringe. It sounded like a pre-pubescent boy complaining about his little brother beating him up while watching the Sci-Fi channel.

Second, he said he created the site because he felt that Wikipedia was giving false and misleading information. He stated that if you look up "Democratic Party" one of the opening statement states that the party traces its origins to the Democratic-Republican Party, founded by Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and other influential Anti-Federalists in 1792. This is, in fact, true but, according to him, very misleading. He stated that this gives the impression that Democrats have had a positive and significant role in our country's history. (Cringe).

Mar 26, 07 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
PROPHET OF DOOM
Mar 26, 07 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
AP

on wiki and accuracy: Citizendium

Mar 26, 07 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Lewis Black on Conservapedia, Fox News, etc.

"You know what a fake news show on Fox News should give you? Real news!"

Jun 28, 07 5:02 pm  · 
 · 

LA Times:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-schlafly19jun19,0,1038574.story?page=1&coll=la-home-nation

Femininity? The quality of being "childlike, gentle, pretty, willowy, submissive."

A hike in minimum wage is referred to as "a controversial manoeuvre that increases the incentive for young people to drop out of school."

And the state of the economy under President Bush? Much better than the "liberal media" would have you think: "For example, during his term Exxon Mobile has posted the largest profit of any company in a single year, and executive salaries have greatly increased as well."

Jun 28, 07 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Looks like a have a new source since we can no longer cite Wikipedia in Academic writings.

Conservapedia - Fair and Balanced. (And not for faggots, jews, or liberals)

Jun 28, 07 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
oe

I like how not a single sentence in the description contains anything approaching a true statement.

Jun 28, 07 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
rza

Muslims believe that God (Allah, in Arabic) revealed the Qur'an to Muhammad, and despite his illiteracy, caused him to transcribe it

Homosexuality is an immoral sexual lifestyle between members of the same sex. It is more than simply a sexual act, it is going beyond the boundaries that God has setup for marriage; one man and one woman.

I like how every source comes from a Christian website, like www.bible.ca

Jun 28, 07 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
rza

LOOK AT ROSIE!

Jun 28, 07 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
simples

these links/webpages just show how human beings ruin everything good about the concept of religion...

Jun 28, 07 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

conservatives can't handle penises, vaginas or sexuality, so it makes sense that they have no entry for fun

Jun 29, 07 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

under cactus, with regard to finding water in them:

"It is better to try to find a mirage, and hope it is actually a real oasis."

Jul 3, 07 8:25 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

"The San Pedro cactus (Echinopsis pachanoi) and it's close relative the San Pedro Macho (Echinopsis peruvianus) are used in Peru by local bands of natives as a hallucinogenic in sacred tribal ceremonies. It is also eaten by people in Berkeley, CA trying to get high."

Jul 3, 07 8:26 am  · 
 · 
conormac

while it is tempting and almost plausible that all of this has been produced by gun-whielding rednecks and nosey midwestern church goers that hate since, learning, and fairness, its far more likely that the bulk of this is just people with too much time on their hands trying to sabotage the damn thing and jokesters (see above)

Who cares? Why are people freaking out? the damn thing is blatantly stupid.

Jul 7, 07 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
med.

It gives me such a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing that I am not on the same side of people who develop stuff like "conservapedia."

Jul 17, 07 9:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: