Archinect
anchor

Architect: Endangered Species

supergraphique

The last image in Orhan Ayyüce's Bunshaft post is actually the Yale Art Gallery by Louis Kahn.

Dec 29, 08 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
saif

sverre fehn
carlos villaneuva
ivan leonidov
ricardo porro
atelier 66
jose luis sert
john lautner

enric miralles? i wonder.....
i graduated from yale last year and boy didnt we all wish we could be like him. it was either him or koolhaas.

Mar 19, 10 8:45 am  · 
 · 
outed

i'll third frank isreal (mentioned up the list by trace and treekiller). never got to meet the guy in person - he died a week before my job interview there. stephen shortridge was kind enough to do the interview (it was for a house they had down in a remote part of florida i'd grown up in). one of the most emotionally intense meetings i've been in. job didn't pan out in the end, but it seemed like a really great place to work.

and i agree he was one of the more talented of that generation - the language/tectonic of his large scale work was moving beyond where thom mayne was at the time.

Mar 19, 10 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

I agree it is sad to see talented masters go away, but is this not the circle of life? For people or architecture? To me, personally it is very interesting how things change...

Mar 19, 10 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
ggrgr

James Wines for sure. Taught me in 5th year thesis

Sep 18, 10 6:31 am  · 
 · 
creativity expert

Oh don't worry people, thousands of architects and (almost) architects, who didn't quite make it back from this great depression will remember all of them.

Sep 18, 10 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

feeling endangered myself...from Architect to Homeless!

Sep 18, 10 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
David Hudson

This is some really awesome civil engineering work, civil engineering jobs must be very exciting

Feb 2, 11 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
paperboy

Bertrand Goldberg

Feb 5, 11 3:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: