Archinect
anchor

i fought the law...and i won

snooker

archasm: Maybe she should be on the hot young archinect list?

Mar 2, 07 5:56 pm  · 
 · 

mos def!

Mar 4, 07 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Mar 4, 07 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
I love archinect

were you carrying a model in the boot? damn i hate it when i go to clubs in london get searched with cans of aerosol and uhu in my bag. I've been searched on the tube over here with a box of scalpel blades and scalpel. my only reply to the officer was "sorry I'm an art student" haha

Mar 4, 07 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

Hey wait a minute, I think I saw your mug shot posted at the county jail!

Mar 5, 07 2:24 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

not so lucky this time. got caught in a speed trap in marion indiana this weekend doing 46 in a 35. the fuzz gave me a warning but then sez mr. vado you have an expired license so here's a ticket for that. sheet i just replaced the license last year so thought it would be good for a while. cost of tickie. 125 clams or the daily salary of 10 chinese steelworkers. cash or money order only.

Jul 8, 08 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

in that case, vado:

ThEcLaSh

Jul 8, 08 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

got pulled over for running a red light and didn't get a ticket. some unmarked sheriff who had some where he wanted to be. woohoo!

Apr 15, 09 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
zahoffman

vado,

you have quite a few encounters with the fuzz. Props to you for typically coming out on top.

Apr 16, 09 12:35 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

vado police tickets are sure cheap in indianistan....The missus and I were driving down from Chicago to South Carolina back in '07....got busted on the 65S going 92 miles per hour. In LA, that would be a 700$ fine...we waited in the car while he was writing the ticket, and, lo and behold, it was only 45$!!
Showed up on my California driving record though!

Apr 16, 09 12:40 am  · 
 · 
binary

back in 94, a friend and i were going to a dance club. i was at a red light 2 lane each way...light turns green and all of a sudden the lanes merge and i hit the gas to get ahead of the car to my side. we then go down a steep hill and 5.0/po-po was coming the other way... he busted a u-turn and i was like ohh shit... so i hit the first side road, which was dirt and tried to get out.... well the po-po caught up to me, hit the lights and i pulled over.... then i got pulled out at gun point and had the typical pat-down and pushed into the cop car.....

shit cost me 6 points on the record.....

then another time i was cruising home from the club a few cities over. po-po followed me from the club and pulled me over about 3 miles down the road. i had tinted windows/radio system and some rims on my 1991 cavalier....pimpin..... well he gives me 3 tickets..1 for no seatbelt, 1 for tinted windows and 1 for loud system.....wtf..... i told him why did i get a tinted windows ticket...he said cause he couldnt see in the car..i then asked then how do you know if i had my seat belt on or not...wtf... and my radio system was off since i knew he was following me..... i went to court and still had to pay....

and these incidents were in the suburbs......

Apr 16, 09 12:54 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Technically, Vado, you didn't really fight the law, just outran it... but masterfully, I must say.

...and, cripes, four years ago!

Apr 16, 09 1:16 am  · 
 · 
binary

hahaha.... looks like i already posted my story.... maybe i should read posts a little more...

Apr 16, 09 9:15 am  · 
 · 
aquapura
...1990 bonneville that was all suped up - engine, suspension, etc. he would enter it into the land speed races out in nv/salt flats. the thing would do 220+.

Are you referring to a Pontiac Bonneville? I'm calling total BS on the 220 MPH claim. Most supercars don't go that fast. I'm guessing after a lot of work a bonnie could do maybe 150, and that would be stupid as it's insane speed for a vehicle not built for it, too heavy, poor handling, etc.

Apr 16, 09 9:33 am  · 
 · 
cowgill

i love duckin the cops!

on my near weekly commute up i81 to see the gf, i've ducked the fuzz enough to have refined the technique. you see... the exits in swva are so damn far apart, you've got to hammer it to get to the next one or you're toast and you'd better sure as hell not let the bacon catch you when you're accelerating for seperation...even though they should thank you for the rush of adrenaline you actually gave them by trying to get away! I've never been in such a dire situ that i've had to duck into the median and reverse direction but it's been close quite a few times* :) *works best with high-hp 4x4.

when you're interstatin' it ~ the key is to make note of how far from your current position the next exit is and, in the unlikely event you are speeding and 'ol copper pulls out with the blues on, you can rationally gauge (given your vehicle's grunt, current velocity, traffic, weather, etc) if you can make your getaway.

why is illegal shit so much fun

...straightening the curves,
flattenin the hills.
...makin their way
the only way they know how.
someday the mtn might get 'em but the law never will.

i watched the dukes every day after school from about the age of 7-12... seems like i actually learned something.

Apr 16, 09 9:37 am  · 
 · 
cln1

I have done my fair share of stupid shit. But running from the cops (especially in a suburb) or doing double the speed limit through a school zone is freekin ridiculous.

I have personally known 12 people so far that have died either from drunk driving, or from reckless speeding, my wife knows another 5. and I also know of a couple who lost the life of their child who was playing basketball in the driveway and some a-hole lost control of his car while speeding through the neighborhood.

if some punk, who is either getting his kicks by ditching the fuzz, or is too damn cheap to pay the ticket ever takes out my child... well they better pray the cops catch them.

use your head before flying around like an a-hole.

- sorry to be a downer, but people are stupid when it comes to driving... and then they brag about it... sad...

Apr 16, 09 11:59 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

cln1, I'm with you.

If anyone acting stupid hurts my child/husband jail would be the safest place for them. Until they get out.

Related: My sister once bid on and won a weekend's use of a Ferrari in a charity auction. Her husband was incredulous that she was driving it AT the speed limit on the freeway. Her comment was that it was still a fun drive, she knows she has the power but that doesn't mean she has to use it if she doesn't need to.

Apr 16, 09 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

aqua, for straight speed runs it is possible to get practically any car to 220 mph, you just need alot of nitrous, a racing engine, probably a huge turbo or supercharger, drag racing suspension, the right tires and then you reduce the weight as much as possible. Now, wether or not a 1990 Bonneville can be modified within reason to that point is debatable, but it is likely doable. The question is how much of the bonnie is going to survive the modifications.

If you start w/ something like a 500hp engine, its totally possible to turbo it, nitrous it and chip it to 1000hp and then you're easily in 200mph+ territory.

Apr 16, 09 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
cowgill

ok, to clarify so everyone here doesn't think i'm a lunatic punk that is indifferent to others' and my own well being...

i don't run FROM the cops (...think OJ and COPS) if they see me once they pull out, they catch me. BossHog and RoscoeP get a lil revenue but nobody dies.

i'm not a moron in a car. everyone that speeds is not a potential murderer because they are going 80 in a 70 on the highway. i rarely speed within city limits and NEVER near places where there is even a chance of pedestrians or schools zones. I do not take excessive risk.

I didn't say anything about a suburb. my last post references my approach at getting down the highway, well under reckless driving speeds and should the 5-0 appear, how I handle it. it's my own (and seemingly vado's) little game of cat-and-mouse. if i'm going 8 over, and the cop deems it necessary to tag me with a ticket, and IF the situation presents itself, i will try to slip out of it. sometimes it works, sometimes not. I'm not jumping creeks and swimming pools and picket fences, going under semi-trailers, riding the shoulder, hot-dogging in neighborhoods, trying to get away from rosco P. ... and i've only had 6 tickets in my 27 years of life... including parking tickets.

...you can't honestly say that if a cop pulls out after you drive by, and you're conveniently presented with a safe opportunity to possibly evade, you're not going to look for the nearest exit... and IF you're not, then just smile and bend over

Apr 16, 09 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

A couple of years back me and Mrs B were coming back from a site visit in a small town to the south of where we live. We were in the middle of the where all the roads come together headed north. I'm coming into the intersection and notice a state trooper right behind me with his lights flashing. I'm sitting at the stop sign, so I pull thru the intersection making a left hand turn and damn he is still there,
so I make a right turn and yup he is still there blasting his siren at this point and on the loud speaker telling me to pull over. I obey every comand, bring the car to a stop and jump out knowing I hadn't created an infraction. Next thing I hear over the bull horn is, "Back in Your Car." So I jump back in the car and he leaves us sitting there not bothering coming to the window, but I see him talking with someone from inside his car, so we sit and wait. Mind you this is a little town with 5,000 people max and the main shopping district is like one block long, so we are gathering a significant crowd of people on the sidelines wondering what is up. The guy gets out of his cruiser
and comes to the drivers window and doesn't even bother to ask me for a license. He anounces that someone had stole a car matching my cars description in the town just to the south of where we were and they thought it might be our car. Then he ask for the registration to check it against the license. Once he was done we were on our way...to the icecream store.

Apr 16, 09 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

yeah, you never get out of the car in a traffic stop unless the cop asks you to. Probably a great way to accidentally get shot.

Apr 16, 09 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
you can't honestly say that if a cop pulls out after you drive by, and you're conveniently presented with a safe opportunity to possibly evade, you're not going to look for the nearest exit..

I can honestly say that I would never/have never consider(ed) trying to evade the police. Maybe when I was a teenager (see my post at the near-top of this thread). The consequences of running are likely SO MUCH worse than those of whatever infraction you committed in the first place.

Last time I got a speeding ticket I laughed at myself and told the officer thank you and have a good day. I mean, I was speeding, I knew it, he knew it, why bullshit?

Apr 16, 09 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
cowgill

with all do respect ~ just smile then :)

i'm not saying that the fact you are speeding is absolved if you don't get a ticket... it's just that you can avoid the ticket...it's really that simple... at least in my 16 year old mind.

Apr 16, 09 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
rethinkit

I did that in San Francisco - once - some bozo on Market + Montgomery stuck a .357 in my face asked me "well do you feel lucky - " then procedded to chased me through chinatown onto the Embarcaderro Freeway(before they tore it down) and clear down to Redwood City. Yes I was driving a Mustang too.

Apr 16, 09 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I had another odd police encounter in South Dakota. A buddy and myself were passing thru a small town in North Central South Dakota
and we stopped an purchased gas for his pickup. I went in a used the rest room and he used a credit card which was something not done alot back in the early 1970 in small towns in South Dakota. I jumped back in the pickup and we headed off down the road towards yet another small town when out of no where comes this small town cop with his siren blowing and da lights flashing. Dick pulls off to the side of the road and the police officer looking like a character out of Dukes of Hazard, with a stub of a cigar sticking in his mouth anounces to my friend, "You didn't pay for you gasoline back there at the gas station. My friend insists that he did infact pay for his gas and he had a receipt to prove it. Upon which he presents the small town cop his copy from the credit card transaction. He looks at it and says, "Oh, Shit it must have been the other guy headed in the opposite direction." I'm sure it was one of those things we were young and long haired and the guy moving in the other direction was most likely a cowboy or traveling salesman. We laughed all the way home.

Apr 16, 09 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
zahoffman

"North Central South Dakota", that made me laugh.

Apr 16, 09 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

We be East of the River to boot!

Apr 17, 09 8:28 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

Here's how to beat a SpeedCamera...Don't try this at home.

Apr 17, 09 8:59 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

considering that citizens of the third world are expendable at the rate of about 1000 per hour, the loss of a single life (assuming it's not your own) hardly seems like an exorbitant price for the thrill of drunk driving or speeding. it seems like modern values have become a bit twisted...people die all the time, must it need be a bad thing to have some fun with it? or at least the risk of it?

Apr 17, 09 9:49 am  · 
 · 
curt clay

..I'm in grad school, rolling down the highway, going maybe 90 in a 65. I see the cop on the opposite side of the road, he pulls a U and came up behind me. I then entered a one lane construction zone where the speed limit was 45 and set the cruise at 44. I see him trying to catch me coming through the construction zone. I knew hew was going to pull me over as soon as I came out of the construction area, so as soon as it went back to two lanes, I pulled over and was waiting for him with my hazards on.

He actually sped past me, slammed on his brakes, then reversed back on the middle of the highway to get behind me with his lights on.

So I'm already thinking THAT move was WAAAY more illegal than some speeding!!! So he comes up to the car and the convo went like this,

Cop You were speeding.
Me - I apologize sir.
C - Well WHY IN THE HELL WERE YOU SPEEDING??
M - .......... long pause ................... I'm sorry sir, but there is no good answer I could give that would justify my actions.
C - .......... long pause ..................... well try me?
M - ............ pause ........ Well sir, I'm rushing home to see my mother.
C - ..........REALLY long pause ............. hmph, that was pretty good.... tell her I said hi. have a nice day!

Then, two days later on my way back got pulled over by the SAME COP going 90ish in the opposite direction. While I was home my mom baked me a cake and told me if you get pulled over again, give him the cake and tell him you mom said thank you.

So I reach over to the front seat of the car and tell the cop, "My mother said if I saw you to give you this cake and tell you Thank you for not giving me a ticket."

He literally just laughed and said, "unbelievable.........." went back to his car and drove off!

Apr 17, 09 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

It was back in 1971 when the Movie "Dirty Harry" was released. It was actually released while I was in Minnesota Outward Bound with a bunch of classmates. So when we got back to Worcester, Massachusetts for our first weekend back in Civilization (if you can call the arm pit of New England Civilization). One of the locals borrowed his moms car and we went to the movies. I can't recall how much testostrone we had in that car but it was plenty. We took in the movie....and were on our why back to the apartments and low and behold a city cop pulled him over for speeding. He was a slick talker and begged the cop not to give him a ticket cause he was driving his moms car and well, "officer we just came from seeing, Dirty Harry and you know all I be a policemen. Sir you can't give me a ticket because it will ruin my chances at becoming a police explorer"
Sure enough the policeman said, "little lighter on the foot and we will be seeing you in the police explorer program. The dude went on to study law enforcement, became a policeman and then became a lawyer.

Apr 17, 09 3:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: