Archinect
anchor

GSAPP VS PRATT VS SCI-ARC ?

talhazulqarnain

I have gotten offeres, but only recieved Scholarships at Pratt and SCI-arc.  Since decision deadlines are nearing I am still having trouble figuring out what suits the best. GSAPP is 3years and really super expensive for me, Where as Pratt seems to be more affordable ( but is it prestigious enough ?). I have had great views from people here,  need more inputs with greater diverstiy.  

I am an international applicant,  coming from a developing country.  Getting into these universities is a huge achievment for me already.  I want to stay back and get a little experience since my major aim is to come back and persue teaching academics in my own coutnry. Looking forward to some great views. 

Mar 20, 24 4:55 pm
Immigrant Developer

Congrats, Pratt is good university 

Mar 20, 24 6:40 pm  · 
1  · 
talhazulqarnain

Thankyou for your response!

Mar 22, 24 11:01 am  · 
 · 
roso159

Many of Pratt's graduate professors were at Columbia during the digital turn of the 90s, when GSAPP was at the forefront of architectural discourse. Nowadays, GSAPP has lost its cutting edge. The work is decent, but quite tame and urban planning focused. Pratt, UPenn, and SciArc continue to push the boundaries of architectural discourse (lots of overlap between professors at Pratt and UPenn). These school's projects sometimes come out looking crazier and less graphically polished than GSAPP's, but if you want to use your time in grad school to explore ideas (sounds like you do), I strongly recommend Pratt or SciArc over GSAPP.  Then it is a question of whether you want to be in LA or New York--whichever city you end up in will be your learning lab during your time in school. Congrats on your acceptances!

Mar 20, 24 7:04 pm  · 
1  · 
talhazulqarnain

Thankyou for your response ! Really Really helpful.

Mar 22, 24 11:01 am  · 
1  · 
pandahut

For God sake, please pick whatever option is cheapest for you.

Mar 20, 24 10:13 pm  · 
4  · 
talhazulqarnain

Hey thanks for the response ! I currently have Pratt as the cheapest option, but I am not sure is Pratt equally as renouned as the others one, Where I come from Columbia, UPenn etc are seen as OG places to be. I was dumb to not apply to other schools I only applied to four.

Mar 22, 24 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
square.

gsapp (not any other school) is not worth full cost. go with the money, you won't regret it.

Mar 22, 24 11:11 am  · 
1  · 
talhazulqarnain

I would love to ! Make me the happiest to even imagine being there, But Really not affordable for me. Coming from a 3rd wold country, really can not afford 3 years, So I felt a little sad thinking Probally Pratt and SCI arc not that cool in comparision ?

Mar 22, 24 1:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: