Archinect
anchor

How much do you rate this design?

imahesh

I did a design for a G+1 house facing north road. How much do you rste this design in general interms of aesthetics 

Mar 13, 24 10:09 pm
Non Sequitur

1.7 out of 10

sleek renderings do not always equal good design and you need to put some effort in more than just the shape of the exterior.

Mar 13, 24 11:06 pm  · 
5  · 
archanonymous

tree fiddy

Mar 14, 24 6:44 am  · 
3  · 
natematt

Came here to say this....

Mar 14, 24 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
paulscreationids

8  out of 10

The aesthetic appeal of the G+1 house design facing a north road is subjective and can vary based on individual preferences. However, factors such as symmetry, proportion, and use of materials play crucial roles in determining its overall aesthetic rating.

Mar 14, 24 7:26 am  · 
Wilma Buttfit

Creating another profile to compliment yourself?

Mar 15, 24 4:29 pm  · 
3  · 
kenchiku

2/10

Looks like a few copy/pastes of token trendy design elements smashed together. 

Mar 14, 24 7:28 am  · 
1  · 
natematt

Same. It's a mashup of too many different ideas and elements. It's like a modernist version of a McMansion Hell critique. Edit yourself!

Mar 14, 24 2:53 pm  · 
1  · 

What is a G+1 house?  Is north road some famous place I don't know about? 

Mar 14, 24 10:30 am  · 
2  · 
t a z

I'm not hip to the liggidy, but "G+1" may mean "ground floor + 1 story" house?

So a 2-story house...

Mar 14, 24 3:32 pm  · 
1  · 

liggidy giggidy

Mar 14, 24 3:39 pm  · 
4  · 
JLC-1

$2

Mar 14, 24 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

get rid of the oversized number and the salad above the door, it will look horrible when you water it and spills over the front wall.

Mar 14, 24 5:09 pm  · 
 · 

I like salad though.

Mar 14, 24 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

A wise man once said: “you don’t make friends with salad”.

Mar 15, 24 6:12 am  · 
 · 
Almosthip

We had a supplier bring vegetable lasagna to a lunch and learn. And now we don't specify any of his products. Where's the meat?

Mar 15, 24 1:55 pm  · 
3  · 

My salads have cheese, meat, various vegetables that are all smothered in a nice dressing. The entire thing is surrounded by bread. OK, so it's a sandwich but still . . .

Mar 15, 24 2:57 pm  · 
2  · 

I like the rectangular massing proportions but it is hard to say without seeing the other drawings. Rendering is nice.

Mar 14, 24 4:53 pm  · 
1  · 

Agree - can't make a judgement on a single rendering.

Mar 15, 24 10:11 am  · 
2  · 

I would like to see a site plan and floor plans.

Mar 15, 24 10:30 am  · 
1  · 

I agree. I can't make a complete judgment of the whole design from this one view but I can already get a sense of what to expect and not entirely excited over. I am getting a sense of incongruence between the lower floor and upper floor. I would like to see a site plan and floor plans, renderings from the other views (elevation view renderings) -- ortho or perspective, and possibly more angled view where you see more of 2 perpendicular elevations at the same time. However, even without it, I sense some problematic incongruence between the two floors in terms of form.

Mar 15, 24 3:26 pm  · 
 · 

Design isn't just about aesthetics. First thing you need to do is DESIGN FOR FUNCTION and Purpose. Hell the whole damn idea of modernism in large part is the concept of form follows function. Aesthetics without addressing function and use is idiotic. 

Lets start with this critique about the flower bed. It would remind people of a gutter with plants growing in it. You know that's a bad. Here's your problem. When you have planters like this big one, you need to drain the water that goes into it. Otherwise, with enough rain, everything in the planter will eventually float out the top and overspill. If you drain it, you solve that but it still has to be drained. With most planters, water does drain out the bottom eventually and when it does, has soil particulates in the water. Guess what that means when it drains out the bottom, you'll see the dirt stain down the wall from the drain points.

What you need to do with such a planter is basically some kind of double-walled planter system with a gap that screens the water that trickles through the soil and then drain out a concealed draining system that needs to be properly sealed. This is a matter of careful details. You need appropriate filtration that keeps the soil where it is and not trickle out with the water. The water through the filtering layer needs to be clean of soil debris which can lead to problems of clogging up. 

You seem like an architecture student not a professional. On the aesthetics front, you have elements that are typical of modernism features but you have a composition problem. Part of your problem arises out of not designing and planning for function and established appropriate plan typology. Your elevations are kind of meaningless without a good sound floor plan layout. Can we see the plan layout?

When looking into this type of modernism style, I would suggest you bone up on De Stijl and its influences on the works of: Gerrit Rietveld (example work: Schroder House), Mies van der Rohe, aspects of the Bauhaus style, Richard Neutra, Rudolph Schindler, and others. These architect's work can help you pick up on some of this.

However, don't forget to begin designing with its function in mind, the kinds of spaces and volumes you want to present. Highs and lows, large and smalls. The use of juxtaposition. Intelligent and nice compositional breakings up the masses. De Stijl can help you think about that. Of course, you don't have to use the primitive color palette. You can use natural materials and their colors and textures in a similar manner. They don't have to be all-white or feel "plastic". You can still use ideas and appropriate contrasts. We have interesting ways to do that now with new materials including CLTs for example.

Mar 15, 24 4:15 am  · 
1  · 

What it seems is there is some composition issue with the layout.

Mar 15, 24 4:20 am  · 
 · 

For me, the thing that is jarring the most is the upper floor design and lower level isn't harmonized. It almost looks like a house of one design is stuck on top of a house of another design. Incongruent.

Mar 15, 24 4:27 am  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

Classic Rick with a shake weight reply. And then the shuddering replies to his own comment. Never change Archinect . Never change. This is what I come here for.

Mar 21, 24 12:37 am  · 
 · 

There are several issues with the OP's design potentially including the planter gutter trough. You can see how that can be a problem. There is overall some incongruence of the form between the upper floor and the lower floor that just fucks with the eyes. It isn't the worst shit I have seen, though. I've seen some gawd awful crap before.

Mar 21, 24 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
Jay1122

if you are asking for a critic from architects. At least provide a full set of presentable material. Plans, sections, other 3D views.

And honestly, it looks like the work of students. Complexity for the sake of coolness. All those turns, off set, uselessly extended walls cost extra money. It can be done of course, just need to spend extra money on material, labor and flashing work. Probably more prone to failure too.

Mar 15, 24 1:23 pm  · 
2  · 
citizen

Fifty bucks says there are no plans or sections (as of this post).

Mar 19, 24 2:59 am  · 
 · 

I agree but not betting $50 against something most likely that I agree to be the case.

Mar 19, 24 4:02 am  · 
 · 
bennyc

On a scale of 1 to crappy, I would rate it crappy. Nice visuals, but this is not architecture. Oversized parapet walls? how does one access that planter in front? A tree growing at side of house? Cages to hold the owners in?

Good design aims to enhance space, enhance life, enhance environment. This 3D should never leave your screen...

Mar 19, 24 5:31 am  · 
1  · 
citizen

Wouldn't that scale run from Crappy up to 10? =O]

Mar 19, 24 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

It has a naive simplicity. But seems like effort and thought. I'd give it a 4/10. Think through how it would be built and lived in. Context and construction. Keep improving, architecture isn't easy. Balance your eye for composition with reality of construction.

Mar 21, 24 12:43 am  · 
1  · 
luvu

Can someone rate my bored child colouring too ?

Mar 23, 24 11:19 pm  · 
2  · 

lol... better than the OP? In the OP's case, it is the computer generated output. You bored child at least demonstrates a hands on approach to actually deciding the colors and what not. The human touch!

Mar 25, 24 1:22 am  · 
 · 

Not enough color for a Sauerbruch Hutton

Mar 26, 24 12:22 pm  · 
2  · 
citizen

How do you redline a drawing that's already red? Gaaaah! :O]

Mar 26, 24 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
chris-chitect

I like it. Just imagine if that green was that glossy green Japanese tile, and the red was Corten steel. The contrast between reflective and matte materials would probably be stunning.

Mar 26, 24 4:48 pm  · 
2  · 
luvu

I like what you sau

Mar 26, 24 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
luvu

said. Chris_

Mar 26, 24 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

What is the point of having tall, blank walls, without any landscaping or gates,intersect the sides of the house? 

Mar 24, 24 12:26 pm  · 
 · 

To keep you out.

Mar 27, 24 10:17 am  · 
 · 
chris-chitect

My main suggestion is to provide some context for this house. Unless this is located in Saskatchewan I just don't believe this house is surrounded by wide open sky.

Mar 26, 24 11:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: