Archinect
anchor

boy names

vado retro

since people in the know ie tom brokaw dubbed those who lived through the depression and world war II and beyond "the greatest generation" i humbly propose that we of child bearing years roll up our sleeves, put our collective noses to the grindstone and honor that generation with some of the more popular names of that era. Forget Tristan, Luca, Jordan and Aubrey. People we must get America back on track and i say we begin by giving our children those great american working class names of the past. Clarence, Eugene, Orville, Otto, Herman, Gladys, Ethyl, Mildred, Clyde. These are the names that beat the NAZIS folks and if you were as inspired as i was after our presidents speech yesterday(George another fine name) perhaps you will be moved to throw out that chic baby name book you bought at barnes and noble and just pick up a newspaper, turn to the obituary column and pick a fine name from our finest generation. good luck to you all.

Jan 21, 05 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
bothands

schlomo or mordechai anyone?

Jan 22, 05 1:05 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Schlomo is the worst name in the world, you have to be kidding. I'd rather be called Poo. Mordechai is the first name of a French Canadian Poet.

Jan 22, 05 11:10 am  · 
 · 
Bloopox

Addison (or Adison) is very popular for girls these days, so I'd probably avoid it for a boy. I think it was on the top-20 girl names list for my state last year (where Adison is the name of a county.)

I don't think Niles is bad. I know a kid names Nils, which I prefer.

Jan 22, 05 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
e909

Tristan? Euooo.
Maybe Tintin is better :)

Luca I believe is Italian, yes male. But Lucas (prince of darkness?) yeah.... and only 5 letters long. Perfect.

So why not Laterlifeform?

Feb 8, 05 1:55 am  · 
 · 
e909

People who are annoyed with their first names tend to use their second name. R Jason Morgan, G Paul Feswick, you get the idea.

I knew a guy first-named Miles. He said that his first and last were often reversed on lists of names. That's also the fate of Burmese and other 'foreign' names.
Ng Adrian

Oliver -- huhum, "please sir, I want some more?"
Kieran -- clumsy
Sebastian -- too long, formal, stuffy. Though "Sebum" might make a humorous nickname :)

· 
e909

Go Pilipino. Baby Adrian, Boy Adrian :)

HELMUT
HËLLMÜTT, Hellboy (short-lived trendy)

Nils, oh so very dada...

· 
e909
Adrain sounds like a suave European corporate raider or else a cocky yet slightly fey café racer, lady-killer type

that's Adrian :)
And, Adrian, not Adrienne. Suave Ladykiller, perfectissimo. :)

Toronto? Japanese (Nipponese) name.

Feb 8, 05 1:56 am  · 
 · 
e909

Gorgeous George. I'm not what association you imply between current US pres. and the gen that x the Nutzis... we're hoping to raise a 2nd gen of Clarence Darrows and Eleanor Roosevelts to x the reigning GOP Nutzis? Nutzis, 12xu.

Millard is moldy, but Liberace is certain playground hell.

Lucamist
Keeganmist
Oliviermist
Sebastianmist
Tintinmist
Postnutritionist

Bigamist??

Girls names?
Genevieve, mmm, though too long. And, Emily is both old and sweet. Josephine, clumsy.
Philistine? Libertine? Perhaps, not.

Feb 8, 05 1:57 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: