Archinect
anchor

his Remness

Mason White

arghhhh.
give that man a completmentary dinner for two at Four Seasons...

Dec 22, 04 8:01 pm  · 
 · 

you guys!

i'm off to a friend's house to watch KILL BILL 2 (for the first time).

Dec 22, 04 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

i thought matta clark was a deconstructivist (in the truest sense?) artist, not an architect.

Dec 22, 04 8:08 pm  · 
 · 

ah, party foul. misdeal. mistrial. whatever. i don't think matta-clark could be considered an architect, either.

Dec 22, 04 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

ouch.
if matta-clark is not an architect, let me through in the towel.

... now back to remmant:

Dec 22, 04 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

and then after that ... throw in the towel

Dec 22, 04 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
moratto

just to say, Matta-Clark always considered himself an artist, even when he was at Cornell.

so back to the Rem-praising/bashing.

Dec 22, 04 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
TED

baby remness....with even more hair

"in the early sixties: a group of free-thinking and ambitious people got together at the Amsterdam Film Academy. There wasn't much of a course, but plenty of creative freedom. As 'Group 1,2,3' they turned all of the conventions of the film world upside down. The people: Jan de Bont, Frans Bromet, Rem Koolhaas and Samuel Meyering. 'Group 1,2,3 ' made 'no-budget'-films in which script writer, director, cameraman and actor constantly changed role. In the process, they crossed the boundaries between art and kitsch, between mass and elite culture. On the lookout for something new, something that adds to what already exists. The method: back to square one and start from scratch. The medium which fits perfectly with this generation: the personal computer only appears on the market much later. This, by the way, was also a product that was developed by people of the same generation. The self-made generation also used computer technology in their own idiosyncratic way: for art, film and architecture. And - in the case of Samuel Meyering - for the developing of innovative software: programs which enabled anyone to make texts, presentations, animation and do planning. Another striking example of the self-made generation: Willem van Kooten, shareholder and supervisory board member of Paralax."

Dec 22, 04 11:36 pm  · 
 · 

thats some cruel irony. See that Gordon's father Roberto Sebastian Matta Echaurren worked for Le Corbusier, but then turned to surrealism after coming to a realization about what Modernism and architecture are all about. Le Corbusier's Revenge?

Thinking about irony though you know Le Corbusier died while swimming in the Mediterraean, but it was just off the coast from Eileen Gray's E1027 house. Why is this important? Because of the fallout between her and Le Corbusier. She caught Corb naked in her house painting the walls without her premission....

anyway back to the Remster

Dec 22, 04 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
.nl

"With Rene Daalder, wrote the unproduced script Hollywood Tower for Russ Meyer. [1974]"

come on you google junkies: find this script!

Dec 23, 04 3:08 am  · 
 · 

It's funny, if I said I was an artist, a lot of people would say, "You're not really an artist." And if I said I was an architect, a lot of people would say, "You're not a really architect." Conclusion: a lot of people are not really the standard I go by.

Who coined the term and practiced 'anarchitecture'?

Scott Brown, Venturi and Koolhaas

Dec 23, 04 9:54 am  · 
 · 
Ludwig

yes plenty of hair

Dec 23, 04 10:41 am  · 
 · 
Suture

that old bastard needs some sleep!

Dec 23, 04 10:48 am  · 
 · 
Ludwig

By the way, the previous photo was taken from this article:
[url=http://architettura.supereva.it/files/20040128/]Postmodern Oppositions. Eisenman contro Koolhaas
[/url] there is a photo of young peter there as well

Dec 23, 04 11:11 am  · 
 · 
Ludwig
Postmodern Oppositions. Eisenman contro Koolhaas

bad link code, sorry.

Dec 23, 04 11:13 am  · 
 · 
Mason White

ludwig - whoa. that version of RK has a striking resemblance to Matta-Clark. man, the 70s ruled.

Dec 23, 04 11:52 am  · 
 · 

I thought RK looked more like Keith Richards in that one.

Dec 23, 04 11:57 am  · 
 · 
Mason White

ALSO .... both born November 17, 1944:

D Devito + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + R Koolhaas

separated at birth?

Dec 23, 04 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
office baroque broke
i heart berlin

[Perhaps I own my penchant for iconoclasm to my mother; she had who knows how many accidents with our first Mercedes, and completely totalled our second. All she really wanted was her own BMW (not easy to get in the States back then). For the longest time I thought of BMWs as ladies cars.]

Dec 23, 04 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
Ludwig

hEY

i am nov. 17 as well.

Dec 23, 04 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
e

my father and his father were born on the same day of the year, august 23rd and both were given the same name. i'm just glad i wasn't born on the same day because i'd hate to have the name "ivey."

Dec 23, 04 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
Ludwig

Back to Remness...

I just love google

Obsessive Mental Attitude

OMA. What is the mental secrets of the martial arts? How do martial artists do their incredible mental feats, such as meditating under freezing waterfalls, standing still for hours, breaking bricks, bending knives? How to they avoid fear and terror? How do they concentrate for hours and hours without getting tired or frustrated? How do they use their minds to control their bodies. Dr. Gambordellas reveals for the first time the incredible power of the mind. Using his techniques of OMA. You will be able to achieve all your goals and desires without hestitating. Image the power you will have when you are able to use all your mental ability 24/7 to achieve a specific goal or desire. This book is a must read for anyone who want to harness the power of their minds for use in the martial arts or even the business world.

Dec 23, 04 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
Ludwig

even the business world...

Dec 23, 04 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

luwig - you are in good company...

SCORCESE amongst them.

Dec 23, 04 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

(my "d" is tempermental ... sorry)

Dec 23, 04 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
TED

ludwig,

am i mistaken or didnt oma use that martial arts crap with that tv station thingy in china?

Dec 23, 04 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
Ludwig

yeah, Judo I think!

Dec 23, 04 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

Rem looks like a typical old dutch dude. He is has a striking resemblance to my crazy dutch grandfather. If I can find a pic i will post it.

Dec 23, 04 11:44 pm  · 
 · 

we're still anticipating that pic, monkeyboy

Apr 6, 05 12:30 am  · 
 · 
rutger

monkeyboy...
oma is Dutch for grandmother...guess Rem is married to his work :-)

Apr 6, 05 8:15 am  · 
 · 
edgarg

gringodms50 = tipical american ignorant

Apr 7, 05 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

American rock singer Lou Reed give the opening concert at The Casa da Musica designed by Dutch architect Rem Koolhaas, which opened Thursday, April 14, 2005, in Porto, northern Portugal. Set at the dividing line between the city's historic quarter and a working class neighborhood, the building houses a 1,238-seat performance hall, rehearsal space and recording studios for the Porto National Orchestra. The concert hall cost euro 100 million, (US$ 129 million) to build.

Apr 14, 05 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
spaghetti

ok how many of you are drunk when you write tihs stuff. esp the german crap.
puleeeeze.
remment is cool, but he aint no kool house

Apr 14, 05 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
frozenmusic

Kool ass...!!

Apr 15, 05 9:45 am  · 
 · 
rutger

Alfredo...stop calling our language German, puleeeeze.
Are you high on cheese again ?

Apr 15, 05 10:32 am  · 
 · 
Mason White

De Rem "gids naar winkelen"

Apr 28, 05 12:13 am  · 
 · 
AP

Holy Winkel Centrum Batman!

Apr 28, 05 12:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: