Archinect
anchor

unemployment

vado retro

with the push of a button you can send out scores of resumes and then spend the rest of the day drinking coffee, reading, going to dollar movies, hanging out by the lake etc...too bad it only lasts six months. my brother who has an mba and tons of experience in his field was laid off and the unemployment is gone and he and his wife are living off her wages. which aint much. its sad to see the psychological toll it can take on a person. i know i been there.

May 21, 07 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

vado, you can always join us ~;-)

May 21, 07 5:36 pm  · 
 · 

*bump*

Just signed up for unemployment last week, first check comes soon, I hope ...

Jun 4, 07 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
alfrejas24

I did nothing today and it was everything I thought it would be.

Jun 4, 07 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

who revived this thread without asking me? if i recall correctly, this is one of mine. and i don't remember reviving it. for the record, i've been employed (at two different firms) since august of ought-5. during the summer that i created this thread i eventually found a summer internship working on the detroit transit center.

Jun 4, 07 5:41 pm  · 
 · 

That was me, sorry boss.

Jun 4, 07 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

le bossman- you fired me! so you now have no control over my postings whether you like it or not! go back to your office and close the door, so we can get some work done around here...

Jun 4, 07 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
guppy

I was laid off from my first job with these guys -

http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=58834_0_42_0_C

Now it's fun to see them criticized for their excesses on this forum. Hang in there, things will turn around. Can definitely empathize with the feeling/insecurity of being unemployed.

Jun 4, 07 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

whatever. i'll let it slide this time, but let's be sure we ask next time.

treekiller: you'll never work in this town again

Jun 5, 07 11:56 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

Boss-
not the last time I've heard that line, but why would I want to stay in this dump?????

Jun 5, 07 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i don't know. what dump do you live in?

Jun 5, 07 1:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: