Archinect
anchor

Andrew Luck (Stanford QB) Going Back to Architecture School

jbushkey

Milwaukee08 The reason he should not take 2 years off to finish school is because he is gambling with millions of dollars in GUARANTEED MONEY. For this kid college should *NOT* be his #1 priority. Nowadays with multi million dollar contracts it is just the way it is. Someone correct me if I am wrong but his signing bonus would be guaranteed right? Is it really worth putting several million dollars on the line to finish a degree where the starting pay is going to be 30k per year????

If he came out and said I no longer want to play football I am going to be an architect that would make more sense. Pushing pro ball back to finish a degree is S T U P I D and could cost him the entire opportunity.

Jan 8, 11 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
jmanganelli

yeah i think the key is that he is a projected top 5 pick, if not # 1. If he were likely to go in later rounds, it becomes much more understandable to stay and finish the degree as there may not be a signing bonus, it may be very small, and his contract may be small, once you factor in taxes, paying an agent, etc. But that high in the draft, there is big guaranteed money, tens of millions, just for signing his name.

Jan 8, 11 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
olaf design ninja

milwaukee you're only proving the common sense understanding of the socially retarded architect - "i am so educated i am against money. i would rather be really smart and completely without power than be rich and powerful and influential."

he's going to be a great architect - an overeduated idiot.

Jan 8, 11 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

milwuakee my man. They are ripping you a new one here. We were all happily bashing along Mr. Andy Luck (AIA+, LEED Extreme candidate) when you walked in...

Jan 8, 11 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I can tell most of ya'll are broke....

Jan 8, 11 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
olaf design ninja

loaded and broke at the same time...imagine that.
the more i make the more debt i take.

you think luck drinks milwaukee's best?

Jan 8, 11 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
jmanganelli

"I can tell most of ya'll are broke...."

la vie bohème, baby...

Jan 8, 11 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
olaf design ninja

6 digits and broke.

the seahawks won?

Jan 8, 11 9:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: