Archinect
anchor

aggregate passivhaus

207moak

what is striking about thorsten's house is he's dealing (dealt) with 14,000 hdd, especially when I compare it to my efforts with a mere 7,400! Pretty stout achievement for PH.

Mar 14, 11 10:42 am  · 
 · 
brooklynboy

207, Thanks for the article. I love the comment about "enviro-communist edicts" from an Alaskan who gets a check every year from the government because of the communally owned oil reserves.

Holz, did you see the report from PHI about using sub-slab saltwater tubes for heat storage? not sure I completely understood it. It's in German, and I'm not a Heizungsingenieur. Plausible to me though that saltwater is better for thermal storage than sand.

Mar 14, 11 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
brooklynboy

Two New York City events coming up this month.
1. April 19: monthly NY Passive House meetup, with Tomas O'Leary of the (Irish) Passive House Academy
2. April 29: Happy Hour networking social event at BBar.
http://www.meetup.com/NYPassiveHouse/ 
The two-day advanced thermal bridging class taught by the Passive House Academy was great. Psi values actually make sense to me now.

Apr 17, 11 11:28 pm  · 
 · 

Europe, Austrian Deputy Minister of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment, and Water Management, Guenter Liebel, discussed how passive houses, which are popular in Europe but less prevalent in the U.S., are highly cost effective and efficient....Passive houses are the “front runners in green buildings” in Europe. Austria, Liebel said, has the highest per capita share of these types of buildings, which are 4-8 percent more expensive than regular buildings but up to 90 percent more energy efficient. A passive house can reduce annual home energy budgets from $2,900 to $260. In one complex of more than 400 passive house apartments, tenants in 400 square feet apartments pay just $9 a month for energy. Liebel said 25 percent of new buildings are now built to passive house standard

via ASLAs The Dirt

May 14, 11 10:10 am  · 
 · 
colinrichardson

holz:

It seems like you've got a lot of this figured out.

I have a few quick questions for you, could you email me when you have a moment? 

@gmail.com

Jul 29, 11 10:16 am  · 
 · 
passivehouseacademy

Someone on this forum was looking for an overview of what Passive House is all about - you might find this video that we made helpful as a starting point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9SrAGvhBbU

Aug 6, 11 2:32 am  · 
 · 
passivehouseacademy

A lot of discussion in the US about the Passive House Consultant exam - read our article here. We provide Passive House Consultant training on both sides of the Atlantic so we have a rather unique insight. http://www.passivehouseacademy.com/downloads/Review%20of%20International%20Certified%20Passive%20House%20Consultants%20Exam.pdf

Aug 6, 11 2:34 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

ugh... i'm still trying to digest everything and figure out which EU certifier i'll be sending any projects to, since we will want 'passivhaus' certification...

Aug 18, 11 3:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: