Archinect
anchor

3rd yr architecture student seeking guidance

Arch116

I am a 3rd year architecture student studying in India. Apparently, my university was ordered closure and we need to be transferred to another university.

What troubles me is my anxiety which keeps on telling me that I won't be able to survive architecture college further. There is a constant self - doubt that I won't be able to pass. I won't be able to match the level of the students over there.

Honestly, I love architecture and it's alll I wanna do for the rest of my life, but this all comes alongside a baggage of self doubt and lack of confidence which is mentally disturbing. I have no strength left to even motivate myself.

May 17, 24 11:11 am
Immigrant Developer

You need to find new inspiration, every architect always has to reinvent himself or herself. You should find it exciting to meet new people, with new ideas that you should embrace. If you're not the best, when compared to others, you have another 2 years to give it your best. Some would love the opportunity to study this major, but you're already doing it. Head up and always keep going.

"If you weren't an optimist, it would be impossible to be an architect"

- Norman Foster 

May 17, 24 4:42 pm  · 
3  · 
kjpn

take a break and try something else, like BIM management or something. designers are a dime a dozen and school has so much pointless BS

May 20, 24 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

Gosh you're bitter. 

Good designers are not a dime a dozen. Neither are good architects. The right school won't have pointless BS.

May 20, 24 1:48 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: