Archinect
anchor

British Barchs Vs American Barchs

soulikeit

Anyone got anything to say about the difference between british architecture schools and American architecture schools. Please with respect to Bachelor of Architecture NOT MASTERs.

Mar 29, 06 9:14 am
sporadic supernova

wow another "vs" thread ...
will the madness cease !!!

Mar 29, 06 9:20 am  · 
 · 
soulikeit

Please. stop the corneyness. and if u know something about the topic please answer then.

Mar 29, 06 9:29 am  · 
 · 
soulikeit

someone revive this thread please

Mar 29, 06 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
soulikeit

so no one knows anything about the design culture in british schools vs american ones eh?

Apr 1, 06 12:15 am  · 
 · 
broccolijet

***snore*** enough with the british stuff already...i'm as much of an anglophile as the next person, but haven't you squeezed enough juice out of this lemon on all your other threads? you're wearing everyone out...zzzzzz

Apr 1, 06 12:20 am  · 
 · 
soulikeit

dude, i'm just trynna get more information, u know, and as u can see, i;m not trying to pick a fight here.................

Apr 1, 06 12:22 am  · 
 · 
broccolijet

i understand you're interested in getting some information. and i'm not trying to pick a fight either. i'm just trying to give you a little friendly advice...

if you haven't gotten the hint already, you've really soured a lot of these people on your game. and if you're trying to get help from them, you've got a strange way of seeking it out.

there a ton of really bright, very informed people who visit this forum regularly and they're a great resource. but you've come into this place like a bull in a china shop, kicking ass and taking names. so don't be surprised if they aren't falling all over themselves to answer your questions or help you out.

unfortunately, the internet doesn't really lend itself to interpretation and people take you seriously if they don't know you or haven't had time to warm up to your sense of humor.

so until you establish a bit of a rapport, maybe a little humility is in order, eh?

Apr 1, 06 12:36 am  · 
 · 
soulikeit

seriously, brocolljet, i don't know what i have done to spoil your or other people's mood.

but in case u might now know, u should go look at other threads and arguments that i had made were not directed personally towards them. And i don't really know what u mean by coming into the forum and uprooting the whole place and taking names.

Dude, other posts like the "all things british" were meant to introduce more fierce debate in archinect, something which i think is lacking in the forum culture here at archinect. I don't think by being fervent in an argument and taking sides with a certain movement or thing is what u called " kicking ass and taking names". After all, a pseudo name is there for us to take on another personality. Unless, u want me to set up another account for the different posts i make, "soulikeit" will be the only username that i will be maintaining.

But if u think that archinect need not tolerate such nonsense, i shall very well stop that then. Apologies to everyone if i had ever pissed u off. u know who u are. must i say ur names?

btw, this is like my 3rd time apologising.

Apr 1, 06 3:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: