Archinect
anchor

Has anyone worked in Stockholm?

paperhouse

I'm looking to move there and am wondering what the job climate is like, specifically for those who don't speak Swedish....yet.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks.

Sep 9, 05 1:13 am
a-f

I was studying in Stockholm, but moved after graduating, so I don't have any first-hand experience of working there. Generally speaking, the job climate is quite good at the moment, after a few years of recession. There are unfortunately not so many interesting Swedish architecture offices though, but here is a little list:

Winggårdh
Wilhelmson
Celsing
Claesson Koivisto Rune
Tham Videgård Hansson
General Architecture

I've met a few foreigners working there, and got the impression that you can get by with not speaking swedish at all in the office. English as a second language (and a third language, being french or german) is compulsory in school, so you won't have any problems in the city either. Salaries are high, but so are living costs. Life is easy (a strong union of architects and solid social benefits guarantees this), people are polite, the city is clean and beautiful etc. etc. Finding a flat is really difficult though.

Sep 9, 05 4:54 am  · 
 · 
paperhouse

Thanks for the links. I'll definately check them out. I graduated from school 1.5 years ago and have been working consistantly since then, as well as interning throughout school. So i have a fair amount experience, though I'm obviously just starting out in terms of my "career". Which brings me to my other concern, since i don't have an emmense amount of experience under my belt, how marketable am I? Anyway, this is probably something I can only sort out by contacting some firms and see how they respond.

Sep 9, 05 4:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: