Archinect
anchor

Can Yanks handdle the Brits?

J_AFlores

well as many of you know, tomorrow its going to be a good day in the world cup. England vs USA. who will win? Can the USA handdle and actually stop the great Brit midfield and one of the best strikers of the world cup(ROONEY)?
what do you guys think about it?

Jun 11, 10 5:39 pm
psheldahl

On paper..no.

But this is the World Cup...as you saw in the Confederations Cup..with a few lucky bounces and a solid game plan..the USA can win. Spain went down...so can England.

I don't expect them to, honestly England is better at every position except GK...but this is why you play the game!

Looking forward to it! Go USA :) !

Jun 11, 10 6:51 pm  · 
 · 

i think that england might be done in by their overconfidence... without rio ferdinand anchoring the back, i like our chances...

Jun 11, 10 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

USA has a way of surprising teams that expect to beat them...including England in 1950...but it won't be easy by any means.

So I watched some of South Africa vs. Mexico: with those vuvuzela horns going constantly it sound like the game is being played in a giant beehive.

Jun 11, 10 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
alexstitt

based on zero research, zero prior football knowledge, and lots of bias, I can say with complete confidence: usa will win.

Jun 11, 10 8:48 pm  · 
 · 

love it villain. fox news anchors should start every sentence with that line.

Jun 11, 10 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

Americans kinda suck at soccer so I say no they can't handle the Brits..

Jun 11, 10 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
rayray

they can do it - will they show up is the question (for both teams)?

Jun 11, 10 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
c.k.

15 minutes to go and they're not doing too bad

Jun 12, 10 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

a 1-1 tie everyone's equal yay !!

Jun 12, 10 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

and what's with all them there air horns in the stands? 90+ minutes of a swarm of bees it's hard to watch with that buzz buzz goings on ..

Jun 12, 10 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

That goal was a pure gimme by the goalie...but hey, we'll take it....

Jun 12, 10 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

really frac i turned the sound down. wtf? constant horn blowing. maybe watch the f'ing game.

Jun 13, 10 10:31 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

On the vuvezela:

"Why can't South Africans enjoy soccer like normal folks—with racist songs and flare guns!"

http://deadspin.com/5302062/the-tiny-plastic-horn-that-will-ruin-the-world-cup

Jun 13, 10 11:13 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

The horns weren't as big a problem at our house as were the subtitles which we tend to leave on when watching Movies. The little black box with white letters was floating almost mid screen, so it did block out alot of activity durning the game. We tried to turn it off but for some odd reason it just wouldn't turn off. So the Mrs.....will be looking into it before the Brazil game. No way can we watch it with those Brazilian players being blocked out. If we can't get it fixed then I guess were going to go to a Brazilian Bar and watch the game. Which she will enjoy because she understands everyone, me on the otherhand all I will hear is the buzz and Brazilians shouting....!

Jun 13, 10 12:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: