Archinect
anchor

www.quondam.com ??

shay

Does any one know about this site and how would be able to obtain a 3d model from it?? I need Le Corbusier - carpenter center

http://www.quondam.com/92/9135.htm it would be great if I could download the copy...

your help is appreciated!

Jun 11, 10 4:01 pm
el jeffe

oh jeez....

Jun 11, 10 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

Rita knows.

Jun 13, 10 8:18 am  · 
 · 
some person

Life imitates art imitates life.

Jun 13, 10 10:10 am  · 
 · 
shay

I'm so confused and i don't know what people take the time to be sarcastic instead of helpful. If you can help thanks if not don't assume.

happy sunday!

Jun 13, 10 10:12 am  · 
 · 
some person

To be honest, I do not know the answer to your question because I have never pursued the source of quondam.com. However, a little sleuthing on Archinect might lead you to an answer. Medit's hint is a good one.

Jun 13, 10 10:26 am  · 
 · 
shay

ok thanks for the help....

I'm just looking for a 3d model of the Carpenter Center by Le Corbusier to assess.

if anyone ones if there is one I could obtain it would be great, thanks

Jun 13, 10 10:42 am  · 
 · 

shay,

The model you're asking about was created by Oliver Schürer and Michael Seidel, and offered freely via one of the earliest architecture web pages ever. The model came into Quondam's collection through a free download almost 14 years ago.

Since Schürer and Seidel no longer offer the free dxf download, I am not in a position to give away the model data freely. You might pursue Schürer and Seidel and let them know who you are and what your intentions for use of the model are.

Stephen Lauf

ps
Schürer and Seidel will as of today be given proper credit for the model at Quondam, and thank you for bringing something long forgotten back to my attention.

Jun 13, 10 11:32 am  · 
 · 
shay

thank you so much for your help!
s

Jun 13, 10 11:35 am  · 
 · 
Medit

Shay,
sorry for being so cryptic... I have thrown the word 'Rita' to see if Rita himself would answer you. And s/he did. But now he is 'one'.

'One' was called, some time ago and in these forums, Rita Novel (if i remember correctly). Rita was called, originally, Stephen Lauf. Lauf is the author of quondam.com.
He's as much famous as Per. But Per reacts instead to either the words 'romans' or '3dh'.

It's a secret language. ;)

Jun 13, 10 5:42 pm  · 
 · 

Medit,

I 'reacted' because of the expressed abuse shay's question received. Otherwise, I would not have answered shay's question at all because I can't say that I'm overly interested in responding to any Archinect/forum queries.

I have already expressed the desire to unregister all five of my architect memberships, and I still hold that desire. (The notion of unregistering an Archinect membership, however, seems to be beyond Archinect's capabilities.)

For the record, the original screen name of 'one' was indeed 'quondam'. The original screen name of 'two' was 'Rita Novel' (which was a whole other design project).

Stephen Lauf

Jun 13, 10 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

"abuse"?

whatever. You answered and shay is satisfied. Happy ending. And it was me who rescued a thread that was dying in the 2nd page of the forum.

Yeah, abuse.

Jun 13, 10 7:26 pm  · 
 · 

a history lesson into who is Quondam? Brilliant. Lurk in the shadows, but don't go

Jun 14, 10 12:31 am  · 
 · 

Stephen, why do you want to unregister?

Jun 14, 10 11:40 am  · 
 · 
oe

I guess we werent rocked hard enough in our socks!

Jun 14, 10 7:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: