Archinect
anchor

Books on Urban Fabric and more!

Wannabe1988

Hello people, I am currently looking for books that dwell deep about qualities of urban fabric. As it is, I feel my ability to appreciate and discern between what is interesting and mundane is quite dull; what I am referring to is during my site survey project, I don't necessary know what to look out for or observe and as the result, most of my site survey exercises are quite vague and sometimes might be boring. I realized that an ability to appreciate certain urban qualities are very crucial in mapping and site survey exercise as it is these that help us to proceed to the next stage of design; urban intervention. I hope whatever that I am saying here make sense but yeah, in short, I am looking for books/ website/ journal / magazine that may helped me to improve understanding regarding these matter.

Also, I am currently looking for books that contain building section/elevation/plan/visualisation of master builders like FWL, Mies, Le Corbusier, etc or even similar informations regarding current best contemporary architecture. I wonder if there's such book in the market that compiled these technical drawings and information about their projects? Right now, all i could find in the libraru are just picture books showing their design but not much on their plan/section/elevation/design concepts. Thank you very much for your time!

May 7, 10 12:32 pm
citizen

Kevin Lynch, Image of the City

Allan Jacobs, Great Streets and Looking At Cities

Grady Clay, Close-Up: How to Read the American City

Paul Groth and Todd Bressi, eds, Understanding Ordinary Landscapes

May 7, 10 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
jakethesnake

Collage City ... Colin Rowe

The Death and Life of Great American Cities ....Jane Jacobs

The Boulevard Book .... i think again by Allan Jacobs

May 7, 10 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman
The Charged Void: Urbanism

, Alison and Peter Smithson

May 7, 10 4:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: