Archinect
anchor

petition: BRING BACK OLD LOGO AND PIMPIN ARCHITECTURE SINCE '97 LINE

BEN_Diddy

v2.0 is great, but its missing a little somethin...THE OLD LOGO! sign on if you agree.

May 25, 04 12:00 am
kissy_face

I agree. I like the new site, but the pimpin since '97 line was great. I guess they got to be all professional now :(

May 25, 04 1:44 am  · 
 · 
.nl

Well I can live without the logo, but tha pimpin' line gotta come back, we need to stay in touch with our ho's in tha hood!

May 25, 04 2:55 am  · 
 · 

how about "making architecture more pimp since '97"?

May 25, 04 3:01 am  · 
 · 
TED

why try to make a great thing better. you got it right the first time.

May 25, 04 4:31 am  · 
 · 
montana

The new logo is fine, but the old slogan surely had a lot more balls.

May 25, 04 5:38 am  · 
 · 
futureboy

here, here. the new site does lack that little bit of insolence. it's great but feels a too tight now.

May 25, 04 8:16 am  · 
 · 
The Thriller in Manila

The site is fine!, leave it as it is.

May 25, 04 8:26 am  · 
 · 

yeah, i like the site as it is.. love the new logo type though. was always curious what the old logo was.

May 25, 04 8:53 am  · 
 · 
anthony dong

Never much cared for the old logo...the new one works but it feels very reserved/refined?? I agree with futureboy...more insolence needed....just need to figure out the best place to place the old tagline. But Paul, great job!!

May 25, 04 9:02 am  · 
 · 
uneDITed

'pimpin' architecture' was far too wannabe-'cute' . It is quite irritating when one overtries to sell a popular/populist view of oneself after a certain age. Oh look..I'm an architect..but I drive a retro near-wreck of a car and I like breakdancing from an 'aesthetic' point of view :0). The point is not, of course, that one does have and like whatever, it simply is a choice of foregrounding it obtusely...nonetheless

At least with bland professional appeal (the setup as it is now), we can frolick in shades of grey..

ok ok, I admit it...Kandarian's profile pissed me off....its not even intelligently in bad taste

Regardless, please do not bring in back the adolescent 'pimpin' architecture'. Its not even 'cool'.

May 25, 04 9:36 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

Paul, yeah I miss the old slogan too - it was nice when you click on Google for pimps and Archinect comes up...definately sets this site appart from the rest.

May 25, 04 10:28 am  · 
 · 
e

the old logo looked like a silhouette of one of gerhy's fishes.

May 25, 04 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

pimpin architecture since 97' must come back...so must phillip nixon and ninja dentist... or not

May 25, 04 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
A

At least have something about how this lonely outpost for disgruntled architects has been surviving since 1997.

May 25, 04 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
surface

I for one could never fully get into the "pimpin' architecture slogan." I mean, let's analogize broadening an understanding of & interest in architecture with men who profit from the sexual exploitation of human female chattel in a patriarchal system. YEAH MY RIOTGRRRL THIRD WAVE FEMINIST ASS COULD REALLY GET BEHIND THAT. Seriously, I have a sense of humor and all, but that always seemed kind of jockish and unnecessary.

May 25, 04 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
anatomical gift

I got 99 problems and my b***h ain't one...

May 25, 04 1:59 pm  · 
 · 

I agree.

May 25, 04 2:01 pm  · 
 · 

Clarification: I agree with Susan.

May 25, 04 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
surface

Yeah. I mean obviously it isn't a big deal. I am not such a sensitive delicate flower lady that I was mortally offended or even thought twice about it. Like those dorky guys in the office who read Maxim and think the dating tips will work. Sort of entertaining when it happens to you, but still like, euuuuu.

May 25, 04 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
e

well put susan.

May 25, 04 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

whilst I do see the point (retrospectively) made my susan (btw: HI SUSAN) I feel as others do, in that there's something missing. Maybe it's the need to have the logo pop up on google as dc mentioned. Don't know but it is very clinical looking/feeling (the new site) although I do give all those hard working guys and gals props for making it happen....FINALLY!!!
In any event, the site is great.....just need a little something to tie it back to the "old" site.

May 25, 04 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
TED

considering myself on the side of the fairer sex, while i agree with susan 'pimp'n' alone does imply sexual explotation [on women, children, and men], used with 'architecture' is non-gender in nature and is really reflecting 'explotation of our profession'. i am torn. atlanta 'braves', washington 'redskins' and 'chief illini' as the confederate flag are symbolicly and historically offensive to groups within society and should be stopped. is 'pimp'n architecture' in this same league?

May 25, 04 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
Land+Living

We all seem to know that Archinect has been "pimpin' architecture since '97" and my favorites link still has the tag line.

Should we petition to have other past features of the site resurrected? I used to love the occasional change in "magazine covers" and missed them when they first disappeared... but things evolve and change, and Archinect had already evolved from its original incarnation even before the new version was launched... and that is a good thing.

I think the new site is great all around with so much more usable and interactive content. I'm gonna support Paul on this one... it was time to clean house and change things up a bit.

May 25, 04 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
Data

I liked pimpin', but could do without, just dont think "making architecture more connected" is cutting it, not to offend but it sounds almost . . . corporate? Otherwise think the site is great.

data

May 25, 04 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
architorture

pimp on..

May 25, 04 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
beatmeofficer

archinect:

g-rowin' architecture since 1997

May 25, 04 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
Francisco David Boira

The logo for me didn't really say much. It was very much the kind of graphics of the time among graphic based webpages.
The new look seems more refined, nevertheless it would be nice to have back the good old splash screen where it used to have new submissions every month, some of those are still around as part of peoples web work.
I thought it was great and quite nice to see fresh flash techniques (at the time) been used to put those splash screens together.
So Paul what do you think??>>Splash screen contest perhaps on the way?...Im ready!

May 25, 04 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
BEN_Diddy

pimpin aint easy!!! PLEASE PIMP MY ARCHINECT!

May 26, 04 9:45 am  · 
 · 
mauOne™

I agree !!!
the PIMPIN' line was the whole reason i joined Archinect V.1,
the old logo does nothing for me.

:op

May 26, 04 9:52 am  · 
 · 
e

can someone at archinect please tell us what the old logo was all about?

May 26, 04 11:12 am  · 
 · 
Anarchitect

I would prefer somethin' like:

"I'm Archinect, Bitch! Show me ya titties!"

May 26, 04 11:14 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

i like it better without the old logo. that old 'pimpin architecture' nonsense was more likely to entice me into typing random, rediculous things, and that matters

May 26, 04 11:27 am  · 
 · 
duddy kravitz

i agree totally, especially the pimpin architecture since 97 moto, if we cant have both at least that!

May 26, 04 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
fem_arch

new logo is fine, bring back old slogan, it rocked!

May 27, 04 9:05 am  · 
 · 
modo

At least an acknowledgement that the site has been here since '97

May 27, 04 10:21 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

bumpin' the thread would acknowledge that !!

Aug 17, 07 12:38 am  · 
 · 

I remember one of the times The Gutter mentioned archinect a few years ago, they said something like:

"archinect's old slogan was 'Pimpin' architecture since '97' and their new slogan is: 'we really, really, really, really, really care a whole lot!'"

I thought that was pretty funny, but I also think the 'pimpin' slogan is too aggressively juvenile.

Aug 17, 07 9:12 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

In the parlance of our times I think "pimpin" isn't that bad. It's not like it was "turnin' out architecture since '97" or "beer bonging architecture since '97"...actually I kinda like the last one.

has anyone heard any updates on archinect.net?

Aug 17, 07 10:37 am  · 
 · 
simples

i am not even sure i remember the password and username i pre-registered with for archinect.net...(but that's because i am so absent minded)

Mr. Archinect, what does Fall/Winter 2008 mean!? we're all eagerly waiting! give us an updated!

Aug 17, 07 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
e909
{{b ump}}
Apr 19, 08 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

what the hell ever happened to evil myan midget god? in fact there were a whole bunch of evil - prefixes

Apr 19, 08 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
surface

The worst has happened:

I have completely forgotten what the old logo looked like.

So wrong!!!

Apr 19, 08 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

this is insane - old ass archinect - link

Apr 19, 08 2:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: