Archinect
anchor

Atmospheric Subnatures.

Ling Indiejunkie

Hi everyone, I am currently just beginning to start to gather research on my dissertation on atmospheric subnatures, which are generally smoke, dust, gases and exhaust. Inspired by my own preoccupation with my hatred towards passive smoking and David Gissen's amazing book, Subnature, I am really interested in looking into what most architects have always avoided.

As I am in a more technical architecture school, my dissertation has to lean towards the technical and sustainable aspects and not on something abstract and theoretical.

At the moment, I am thinking I should start by narrowing down my scope and looking at case studies. I initially thought I could select an architect who deals with subnatural forms of architecture and analyze his works, however, they don't really come by. I guess what I think would help is if someone can point me to the right direction. Perhaps, if you could give me more examples of architectures which really took into consideration its true atmospheric surroundings, for example, R&Sie's work on B-mu in Bangkok.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mar 26, 10 11:20 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: