Archinect
anchor

Contemporary architectural drawing

liberty bell

Let's talk about architecture part 1: Continuing from this news item, this is a completely awesome drawing of the Ponte Vecchio. I love how it blurs the hand-crafted and the machine-made. Let the bidding war begin!

Let's talk abotu architecture part 2: Some amazingly beautiful and very architectural drawings on this website. I'll let the artist out him/herself as the author of them here if he/she wants to. They'd make great Christmas gifts for your architect friends!

Dec 14, 09 3:13 pm
tagalong

I can understand how architecture students would find part 1 exciting....the pen plotter was phased out before they could legally drive, so perhaps they don't know that those machines already existed prior to CNC machines in architecture schools. Regardless, they are nice drawings.

Dec 14, 09 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
ckmca

I was amazed by the pencil plotter my drafting program had in high school. Sadly those things are hard to come by these days. Today it seems good drawings come from painstakingly detailing illustrator line work.

Here's another innovative mechanical drawing - YouTube

Dec 18, 09 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Love the tree drawings LB, looks like my rug ;-)

Dec 19, 09 9:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: