Archinect
anchor

Research help: Colapsable and transportable tent architecture... for the desert

rickyshub

I need some help with a project im doing related to tents... basically, i need to design a tent structure that can be easily transportable and collapsable and can house a multi-religious community center in a hot and arid climate. i know its a large plate but i like the concept. anybody willing to give some input? or maybe some pictures of related tent architeure... thanks archinect.

Nov 25, 09 6:57 am
randomized

ask Khadaffi

Nov 25, 09 10:20 am  · 
 · 
LML

this is not the right scale, but interesting--

andreas vogler

also check out the moon base--pretty cool.

Nov 25, 09 11:26 am  · 
 · 
w4000

just some food for thought about the tent

Recently, in the last 2 weeks or msnbc.com, had an article about our militarty tents in the middle east and how they are using an quick trying expanding foam to insulate tents / existing buildings...

quick, small, cost-effective in terms of insulation, not to pretty though...

anyways just food for thought...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33966951/ns/technology_and_science-science/

Nov 25, 09 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
w4000

just some food for thought about the tent

Recently, in the last 2 weeks or msnbc.com, had an article about our militarty tents in the middle east and how they are using an quick trying expanding foam to insulate tents / existing buildings...

quick, small, cost-effective in terms of insulation, not to pretty though...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33966951/ns/technology_and_science-science/

Nov 25, 09 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
Synergy

It is dense and technical, but the best source on the subject is Sergio Pellegrino's (Formerly of Cambridge, but now at Cal Tech) Deployable Structures, atleast if you want to gain a real understanding of how the various structures are formed. On the positive side, I believe the entire book is available on google books.

Nov 25, 09 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
rickyshub

it is all on google books... sweet... a little excessive and not enough actual tent archietchture. but usefull nonetheless.

i love this military tent. genious.

you guys are all a great help! thanks and keep em coming!

Nov 25, 09 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
rickyshub

maybee something on wheels... but NOT a CAMPER!

Nov 25, 09 3:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: