drums please, Fab?

umm .. congratulations?

Jun 25, 09 6:47 pm  · 
 · 

he was well liked across the globe.

Jun 25, 09 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Not being crass, but Farrah Fawcett really got the short end of the stick again.

Jun 25, 09 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
Mirin

MICHAEL!

Jun 25, 09 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
automaticsystematic
Jun 25, 09 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
xaia

do-re-mi...

A B C ...

1 2 3...

Jun 25, 09 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
med.

:(

Jun 25, 09 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

the guy was a pedopopophile people, lets keep it in perspective. i liked billie jean, beat it, thriller, off the wall and the jackson 5, but he still diddled kids.

Jun 25, 09 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
Moses

best performer in history.

best songs in history.

best mover in history.

all haters listened to his music in secret.

all lovers listened to his music with the highest possible standards.

RIP MJ+Bubbles

Jun 25, 09 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

bernini had his mistresses face slashed but i still like his work.

Jun 25, 09 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

all the kiddies said he had the best moves.

Jun 25, 09 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
Moses

and all the perverted-twats said he was a "diddler"

Jun 25, 09 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
aking

This is great for Governer Sanford, bad for Iranian's and maybe Fawcett.

I believe the only bigger news if if there were a nuclear attack or something happened to you know who. While he had his issues he will be remembered for centuries to come.

My thoughts are with his children and family.

Jun 25, 09 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
switch

Micheal's music is the greatest.

Here's an MJ mixtape a DJ friend passed my way: http://www.zshare.net/download/53748048b24e0397/

Rest in Peace.

Jun 25, 09 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
binary

poppin taco, boogaloo shrimp, jeffrey daniels taught mike how to dance..

rip.....

Jun 25, 09 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
aspect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7MmEMrCRfc&feature=related

he is irreplacable.

Jun 25, 09 10:41 pm  · 
 · 

So is Prince now King of Pop?

Jun 25, 09 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

Prince now can put back his god damn sound in his utube video...

Jun 25, 09 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
uhhhhh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hg-IRZk4D0

i'm floored every damn time i watch this video.

Jun 25, 09 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
SoulBrother#1

the best that ever did it.

Jun 26, 09 12:10 am  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

Can you imagine being the doctor that had to finally declare the death and fill out the death certificate? For either Michael or Farrah? I'm sure that's a hard enough job anyway, but for people who are somewhat larger than life? I hope those doctors get the day off tomorrow. And next week.

I mean, I thought I had a bad day at work but dang.

Jun 26, 09 12:55 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yeah, and can you imagine being one of the people that tried to save his life? I mean, my god. Trying to resuscitate him for an hour and then giving up and saying "time of death for MICHAEL JACKSON". Lordy, that doctor's never going to forget today.

And I doubt think he ever did anything maliciously to those children. I'm sure he crossed several iines but he was so troubled I bet he never knew that there was a line to be crossed. His former publicist Michael Levine made a comment that I think says a lot: “As someone who served as Michael Jackson’s publicist during the 1st child molestation incident, I must confess I am not surprised by today’s tragic news. Michael has been on an impossibly difficult and often self-destructive journey for years. His talent was unquestionable but so too was his discomfort with the norms of the world. A human simply can not withstand this level of prolonged stress.”

Jun 26, 09 1:53 am  · 
 · 
jojodancer

rip MJ.

so sad you won't be able to show us your dance move anymore.

Jun 26, 09 2:09 am  · 
 · 
SDR

Bought the Beatles catalog for 43 mil, died owing 400 mil. What a success. . .

Jun 26, 09 2:29 am  · 
 · 
randomized

anybody remember his videogame for SEGA?

Jun 26, 09 4:32 am  · 
 · 
Joshi Pooja

God will bless him. Michael Jackson was nice singer & dancer too. I saw him in the Mumbai when he was here. I was impressed with his dance & singing quality. He is gifted person. As i read "Michael Jackson the Early Years" book which gives nice information about his success in early 80's. See this video on that they show how fans reacted on his death.

Youtube Video

Jun 26, 09 4:51 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

so this guy is going to heaven now? it wasn't stress, it was guilt that got the King of Diddlers.

Jun 26, 09 5:36 am  · 
 · 
tinydancer

MJ was never convicted of a crime. Yes-he was eccentric...but he was someone who was put to work at the age of 3 and NEVER had a childhood. He worked through his childhood. As we were all listening to his records at age 5 or 10 at our slumber parties with our friends, remember that he never had that-he was made to work and entertain everyone else. His life was under a spotlight-he never had a moment to relax or find who he was-he had to be what everyone expected him to be. So it is no wonder he had issues...It is sad that he is gone as he made remarkable contributions to the world of music...his talent has never been replicated.

Jun 26, 09 9:49 am  · 
 · 
aking

Tinydancer,

While I am a MJ fan that same logic could be used to justify Mike Tyson's actions.

Jun 26, 09 9:51 am  · 
 · 
tinydancer

Mike Tyson wasn't boxing when he was 3. He wasn't in the spotlight as a child being paraded around on stage and forced to perform.

Jun 26, 09 9:53 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

what do you mean he wasn't boxing at the age of 3? Tyson had infinitely more troubles than MJ ever had. you're talking out yer ass.

Jun 26, 09 10:23 am  · 
 · 
LB_Architects

I'm missing something here. Why do people still think he was a pedophile and that he continually deserves to be ostracized for the accusations? Sure, he was eccentric and odd and a bit of a freak, but from everything I've heard in the news he was never convicted of a crime involving a minor. Sure, there were accusations, but that doesn't make them true.

I don't really care about other people's responses to his death. It just seems like there are 2 responses on almost every forum about his death:

1. He was a legend and will be missed dearly.
2. He was a pedophile pervert who is now in hell.

I just find response #2 connected to sensational tabloids.

Jun 26, 09 10:48 am  · 
 · 
aking

ALSO there is a #3 which is very said, that people had something to do with early demise. It would be nice if we could have one day to just remember him for his amazingness.

Jun 26, 09 10:54 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Orenthal James Simpson was never convicted of murder, but do you doubt he killed those two people??

Jun 26, 09 10:55 am  · 
 · 
msudon

MJ's late life and early death is definitely a tragedy, but I agree that it shouldn't obscure the fact that he settled multiple abuse charges out of court. Its pretty clear that his power and wealth allowed him to manipulate the California legal system and avoid more serious penalties.

Jun 26, 09 11:10 am  · 
 · 
LB_Architects

b3tadine[sutures] ,

Actually, I don't have an opinion about OJ. Moreover, my opinion doesn't matter on the case. Neither does yours. So, whether or not I doubt OJ, or doubt MJ was not a pedophile is of no real consequence. We weren;t there and everything we know about the gase was fed by tabloid journalists (including in CNN, NYT, etc).

Msudon,

I have 2 kids. If they were molested, i would have never settled out of court with anyone for any amount of money. it would not even be a question. I can only assume that any parent in a similar situation would do the same. And if not, I have to question the motives of the parents. Sorry, but I still find the 'innocent until proven guilty' clause a pretty important principle.

Jun 26, 09 11:32 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

some of you guys are in denial.

there's a reason he was never convicted; he threw money at his accusers (to the tune of $25 million or so).

however, i think it's possible to seperate mj the artist from mj the person.

regardless of what one thinks of how bizarre his personal life was (and everyone here has to admit that it was pretty damn bizarre), he was still the man that made Thriller.

Jun 26, 09 11:34 am  · 
 · 
SDR

Like . . . FLLW ?

The People need heros, idols, legends . . . and they'll find them.

Jun 26, 09 11:37 am  · 
 · 
LB_Architects

Dreadlocks...I'm not in denial at all. It is certainly POSSIBLE he molested those kids. But, just because lots of money was exchanged doesn't mean MJ was definitely, 100%, guilty. And because I don't know for sure I'm just not willing to jump to conclusions like so many other people.

Jun 26, 09 11:45 am  · 
 · 
iheartbooks

Too soon for jokes, maybe not:

Farrah died and went to heaven, then god asked for a request and she said she wanted all children to be safe, so he took MJ

Jun 26, 09 11:50 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

here's katt williams on mj.

NOT SAFE FOR WORK! (language)

FP, if you can get past the language (which, i admit is pretty vulgar), i think katt makes some good points.

Jun 26, 09 11:57 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

mj really was bad ass though.

i would've liked to have seen him live.

Billie Jean Motown 25th Anniversary

Jun 26, 09 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

in the cult of celebrity that our culture has become, who else can invoke the MJ/Diana level of media hysteria?

Madonna?

Mick Jagger?

The Queen?

Jack Nickelson?

Richard Branson?

Bill Gates?

Steve Jobs?

Ted Kennedy?

Bono?

Ted Danson?

Jun 26, 09 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
aking

Maybe Madonna probably not though. How about Chuck (actually I can't believe he wasn't on the list)

Jun 26, 09 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

dread, you are absolutely right. as a musician i think he was important, and Billie Jean, The Wall, Thriller, Beat It, I'm Bad...amazing pieces. a,b,c, and the J5, i grew up with. i think the lens gets obviously obscured when the media gets a hold of this and blows it up, i think it's important to remember every freaky thing.

Madonna is the other person on MJ's level. Jobs for the geek community, i mean how else do you explain the last year. now, if Bono starts adopting kids from Madagascar, then he'll reach crazydom.

Jun 26, 09 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

btw, i love the "we weren't there..." argument, kinda like a tree falling in the forest and no one hearing it...amazing.

Jun 26, 09 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I think too many folks hate chuck for what he did to Diana (and Sir Norman), doubt he'll warrant the same media feed frenzy, except for them to say he was a wanker.

Jun 26, 09 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
LB_Architects

"btw, i love the "we weren't there..." argument, kinda like a tree falling in the forest and no one hearing it...amazing."

You just convinced me that indeed he is guilty of pedophilia, sleeps in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, and is in possession of the elephant man's bones. I take it all back. You are right, I am wrong. Case closed.

Jun 26, 09 1:20 pm  · 
 · 

will he be buried like a muslim?

Jun 26, 09 1:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: