Archinect
anchor

The PERFECT stairs, and a SLINKY, and Tom & Jerry sound track!

guybez

FOR FUN...
We built the perfect stairs for the perfect slinky run!
We are two architectural students, we had some material left lying around... and a slinky... and were bored.
We did this because we can. I HOPE U enjoy :)

'slinky games'

Jun 24, 09 6:19 pm
Sarah Hamilton

Very cool. Typical design students!

Jun 24, 09 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
I love this!

It makes me laugh and the music is beautiful, as is the lighting. Also, nice curtains ;-)

But I have to ask why some Slinkys (Slinkies?) are shown going up?

I'm going to go show this to my local orchestra and band students; I think they'll enjoy. Also my architecture students, of course, but for different reasons!

Jun 25, 09 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
beefeaters

lb,

my guess is they did it in aftereffects and just layered multiple takes of the slinky going down and combined them to go with the music. some of the footage is reversed to make the slinky appear to go up.

i would guess its just to create a cool effect along with the music :D great fun vid!

Jun 25, 09 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

brilliant....this should get an Academy Award for best short.

Jun 26, 09 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

awesome.

Jun 26, 09 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Right, beefeaters, it took me a while to figure it out, but I think that's how they did it.

What I'm wondering is why make a Slinky (appear to) go up in the first place. It defies gravity, so unless the video is overtly about defying gravity, why add a layer of confusion to an otherwise elegantly simple concept?

Still, I love it.

Jun 27, 09 12:07 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

this is why you should never leave architecture students with too much time on their hands.

Cool vid though.

Jun 27, 09 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
guybez

thanks guys!
it was just after a final hand in, and we hadn't calmed down yet :)

Jun 27, 09 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
LucasGray

I saw this video on another blog somewhere. Good times. Its amazing what we get up to in archi school when we have some free time.

Jun 27, 09 3:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: