Archinect
anchor

Call for Studio Briefs

nothing_is_everything

Hi,
As a portion of my thesis research, I am collecting studio briefs/syllabi. Of course I am interested in unique and compelling propositions or problems, ones situated in contemporary, timely contexts and theoretical concerns, and ones that you - other students - have really enjoyed being a part of.
Can you post them here?
I'm looking for some inspiration, and they are hard to locate online.
Thanks!

Dec 27, 08 1:27 am
mantaray

Goodness, I was going to post a request for this same exact thing today, for a different reason. How odd. old tar paper shack, could you share with me?

Dec 27, 08 12:30 pm  · 
 · 

one of my school blog posts has information from several briefs from this past semester at upenn...

Dec 27, 08 5:01 pm  · 
 · 

I'm tagging this thread to check back later for underwear jokes.

Dec 27, 08 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
nothing_is_everything

Thanks so much for the link, architphil. I have some briefs (in word and pdf format) that I want to post. What is the best way to do this?

Dec 27, 08 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
nothing_is_everything

Here are two graduate level (201) studio briefs from UC Berkeley Professors:

1. Luke Ogrydziak and Zoë Prillinger of www.oparch.net (Fall 2007)
2. Paz Gutierrez (Spring 2009)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3788ba786bba1d7391b20cc0d07ba4d27c73cc725be9c113

Dec 27, 08 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

These were typical of the project briefs we got at Cranbrook in the early 90s. Each project was about a two week duration.

-Wrap three objects, then unwrap them.
-Expose a joint in your studio space.
-Build a bridge.
-Make an enclosure for your body.*

At the graduate level, I think these kinds of (brief) briefs are pretty wonderful.

*note to 765: underwear did not count in this brief!

Dec 28, 08 2:24 am  · 
 · 

What about the other three?

Dec 28, 08 2:41 am  · 
 · 
fays.panda

if u check columbia's website, they post the studio briefs for most of their studios, and it goes back a few yrs

Dec 28, 08 6:28 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

archinect briefs?

Jan 2, 09 12:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: