Archinect
anchor

Another "Svelte" Glass Campus from Lord Norman Foster

anonnyc10003
http://www.designnewhaven.com/2008/12/lord-norman-foster-unveils-svelte-glass.html

Great renderings. Who does he use for these?

Dec 10, 08 8:10 pm
keopi

underpaid AA graduates

Dec 10, 08 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
anonnyc10003

LOL

Dec 10, 08 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

And behold, I give unto you, the world, my newest angelic caste: Architectural Renderationists!

- The Almighty

Dec 11, 08 10:08 am  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

in fact:

First Image Narration:

"Wow..*sigh* this is such impressive architecture. I think i'll stop eating and just stare through the atrium at it."

Second Image Narration:
-The Blessed Couple (lower right)

"Honey?"
"Yes, Snookums?"
"Aren't you glad we get to walk by such a radiant example of why architects really are sired from the forehead of the Diety?"
"Absolutely, Snookums. Its great that every major act of architecture is blessed by the Diety through his right hand Architectatrons."

Dec 11, 08 10:13 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

peridot, your crazy.

I am getting so bored of foster's stuff. When I was first starting out, he was one of my "arch heroes", now I have mixed feelings about all of his projects, maybe its the fact that he's a complete dick to work for. This one, from the renderings at least, looks pretty neat.

Dec 11, 08 10:17 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

im with you apurimac... but i think its more to do with the techy style falling out of favor... its all been done a million times already.

Dec 11, 08 11:16 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

you all are just jealous that you haven't been knighted.

Dec 11, 08 11:25 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

That's Sir Lord Viscount Apurimac to you vado!

Dec 11, 08 11:37 am  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

Apu - proper use the contraction 'you're', or else I will show you depths of insanity you have not yet plumbed!

Dec 11, 08 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

oh, too right, my apologies.

Dec 11, 08 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Apu, peridot is crazywonderful.

And has fantastic grammar.

As for the Foster: not much to say, but I admitted to a group of students last night that I am finally getting to the point where I can be fooled into thinking a rendering is a photograph. I think in part that's because every photograph we see these days is being manipulated anyway, so that's looking normal or "real".

Dec 11, 08 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

Oh, sweet Libelle - you many kinds too much.

Dec 11, 08 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
anonnyc10003

every video is faked too.... e.g., the moon landing

Dec 11, 08 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
"The Co-op Guy"

I confess. I don't really like Foster. I too have been on occasion fooled by the architectural renderationalists.

Dec 11, 08 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
chaos3WA

yeah, foster has bored me with pretty much everything he's done besides the Commerzbank. although hopefully this will get yale's business school back into the top 10. either that or we as a nation should abolish business schools.

Dec 11, 08 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
anonnyc10003

turn them all into government schools

Dec 12, 08 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
anonnyc10003

What's your favorite Foster project other than the Commerzbank?

Dec 15, 08 8:35 am  · 
 · 
mation

apu,
have you worked for F+P?

and, out of curiosity, who are you 'arch heroes' now?

Dec 15, 08 9:31 am  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

The age of heroes is long past.

Long live the age of the Dollah Menu!

Dec 15, 08 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
anonnyc10003

I agree, peridot. We should build more of these:

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/11/ryugyong-hotel-lg.jpg

Dec 15, 08 10:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: