Archinect
anchor

Galleri Masonit

Per--Corell

Hi all you fancy arts lovers, I promised to write about further progress of what paintings would be finished for the cristmas sales at the Freetown's Cristmass marked -- it rounded 30 paintings in less than a month , in fact near 3 weeks , and that count waiting for paint delivery of Masonit sheets to paint on realising motiv and deciding for number of copies and desicion about context , getting permision to use press foto's all that --- please check the new galleri I created and named "Galleri Masonit" at my ArtWanted Site at the bottom ;

There will be round 40 - 60 brand new paintings for sale there, and please note that not one of them is digital prints on canvas, they are all unique pieces, even a number be the same motiv they will all be different and unique hand painted, Check the "Galleri Masonit" folder here;

www.ArtWanted.com/PC

Nov 15, 08 5:33 am
brian buchalski

what's this, per is selling out? i always thought he was an artist, not a businessman.

Nov 15, 08 8:06 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Selling out when there are a finance crisis mean you are lucky, as when the galleries has trouble lowering prices, it's my challance to offer paintings that is not bought as investment objects but becaurse you like it. Becaurse it's offered at a fair price so what I want, is make an alternative to posters, more expensive offcaurse but not that much, and not just images printed on canvas but unique paintings.

--- And who know, maybe it will make it possible to realy show ehat 3dh can maneage.

Nov 15, 08 8:16 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Путин знает что вы думаете

Nov 15, 08 8:22 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Sorry for the # time I placed graphics way to big for the whole image to be displayed --- I forget so often that this fora will not display a 640x420 image, so please exchouse I has to regenerate the images into a smaller scale ;

And Puddles Even I would love to work for you ,then I am not sure what I realy are, am I an artist then the experimenting and playing with the materials and tools has a great responsibility for what I made, in fact discovering these niches and realy develobing technikes I havn't seen or heard of others has used, is what made these images happen.

And sure I could put up a CV with my years at the acadamy and my projects at the danish states workshops for arts and crafts, -- but these was about building and develobing digital tools, producing prototypes and writing software doing things in a different way than how these things was done before, so there I am a Designer and here I am not an architect, and it's not me who decide if I am an artist ; guess you see my dilemma.

Путин знает что вы думаете

Nov 16, 08 8:43 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Putin is a very poverfull source of inspiration, and a few more paintings are now ready for the show ;

And there will be a variaty of motivs;

Now yhose two are only some 60x70 and 60x60 Cm. but this one is like the one in the start 120x122 Cm. , that's a lot of picture for the money. Reson is that I chosen a standard size of 122x60 Cm. -- then four sheets 122x60 come out of one big 122x244 Cm. Masonit sheet. But the last ones to get ready I guess will expand the double 122x60 cm. format, created by two 60x122 side by side, like this one ;

Nov 22, 08 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Anyone reconise when you are in a periode with extreme productivity, where you again and again feel like the last one are the best , --- like I feel with this, --- well you shuld just see it, 60x 122 Cm.

Nov 22, 08 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Copyright Per Corell. For name and Logo.
So the we build our "Box" and I share it with Verve publishing , -- looks as books and paintings work well together ;

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2125/billeder39154yl6.jpg

Case you vant to see a video from our small corner check this ;

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1076214663983

Also there are live music, realy sad I can't meet you people there.

Two new pictures from Galleri Masonit was borrowed to the "Bar" ;

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4296/billeder39096jy6.jpg

This is where we started:

Dec 9, 08 6:27 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/6559/billeder41001cd7.jpg

I was asked to "do something with the area around the scene" So I placed 5 paintings around the stage, -- it turned out a great succes and influenced the sale to.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4448/billeder40013hg7.jpg

I wonder if "Galleri Masonit" are the world smallest Galleri, but as you see it work well together when selling books and paintings, -- the top left painting was sold short after this picture was taken and a quite different painting has taken it's place.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5452/billeder40016wb8.jpg

Even this is the world's smallest Galleri, there are walls enough for a lot of titles, -- top left "silver Obama" was also sold short after the picture was taken.

It will be busy the next few day's .

Dec 17, 08 4:35 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Sorry -- forgot to add one of the paintings to the right of the stage, -- and no it's not a digital print on canvas, these are paintings even I made a serie with 4 pictures with same motiv, then each face will display it's own expression. Still there are only one of these ;

Dec 17, 08 5:10 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Today are the last day at the marked -- it's been great to see the overwhelming response for these paintings, --- say 8 of 10 who passed did it with a comment such as "wow that's great" or " Cool" .

So, --- on with next project.

Dec 20, 08 4:15 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

The day after, now that marked is over I will close this tread with the painting everyone loved, above you see hov it display with a mirror Greta Garbo, --

I want you to see it.

Dec 21, 08 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

per lives in christiana?

Dec 21, 08 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

No Christiania came while I lived on Cristianshavn. But both local communities are closely related. children from Christiania use the public schools, their problems about space are the same as our , I also support christiania by participating various share the problems that is also problems for those living in christiania, -- I was there in christiania from the start even had my boat on slip there while having a room there, but that is back in the first summer of christiania.

Dec 21, 08 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

I think it is important to see how these paintings display, also that you realise my attitude about galleries. Paintings shuld not be investment objects but something you but becaurse you love them, becaurse they add a particular value to your life. Then today people can buy foto's printed onto canvas, looking exactly as a painting after a few digital brush strokes in photoshop, and the price are so low the quality so good, that we can expect that what made it possible for artists to "survive" , is taken away by this smooth oppotunity.
Please don't think I am just complaining as things has to progress, and this oppotunity carry new life to arts to, -- but please remember, that before it worked so, that you could contact the artist and buy paintings from the artist, before he or she became known. That way many private collectors has build up their private collctions, --- bor how will that work today, with the competision from print firms that heavily invest and promote a product, "that allmost looks as a real painting".
I made it so that I can compeed, but the artists that work months on a painting will be the loosers. Some offcaurse will learn and be challanced, start use the new oppotunity to reach a bigger audience, -- I try do that beside getting faster so I can offer real paintings at near the same cost as printet ones, and true, there are new oppotunities so new art can evolve, but it is also goodby to the old artist type, how can he or she compeed when the audience will not be educated the way as before.

Jan 11, 09 9:35 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

I realised It has been a while since I updated this tread, -- I started doing portraits on demand and it is a plesant experience, but Allow me to place my latest painting first, -- these are still real paintings and not printed work;

You can find bigger images at my ArtWanted Site, please check in particular the folder "Galleri Masonit", that is where I place these Acryl on Masonit paintings.

www.ArtWanted.com/PC

May 1, 09 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Sorry it has been some time, and I proberly will forget one or two new oaintings but here are a few og the paintings I processed since last time:

And offcaurse some StreetArt, -- this how my next piece display one day I took it outside to finish it, it is now stored but will be up in it's right place late this week.

Jun 4, 09 8:41 am  · 
 · 
l3wis

wow, that last picture of Obama is pretty compelling

Jun 4, 09 9:56 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Thank's, as I said it is made but not placed -- I now prepare the murals , this one is painted on two Masonit sheets 240x120 Cm. Fit in place it will cover round 235x215 Cm. But I has to wait untill the EU election are over as the spot is crowded with posters. -- stil I allway's make a 3D model of the fence in the process, and this time I troed Photoshop where you can "place" an image and "Skew" the insert to fit perspective, -- that way I know how it will display the sunday when it is put up :

Only difference as you can see from the day it was finished and the display, is that there are no need for the finger, , -- perfection by nessery as othervise I had to add another Masonit sheet, but as the piece in fact get better without .....

Jun 4, 09 10:22 am  · 
 · 
hillandrock

are these 100% hand painted without any assistance?

Jun 4, 09 11:46 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

They are painted by hand, acrylic paints on masonit sheet.
this particular to be placed tomorrow after the EU elections, election posters are somehow projected, so I can't just use the spot that was suddenly invaded by EU election posters, very important people.
But as soon the election are over, we put up the prepared piece. That on the other hand was very fast painted, all in all on rough sheets, but the diagram to do that, is is here. Painting that way, is in no circumstance easier, so to say, to "master" as the methods and teknik artists worked with before the digital -- see I know both way's to perfection, just belive. Yet, -- the finger pointing will be missing, realy the image just get better without the finger, I update when the two masonit sheets are nailed onto ,overlapping eachother and callibrating the image --- it is not made so, on site, what you see are a foto of the Mural put into a fotoshop image but it is up tomorrow.

Jun 6, 09 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Well now it is up, -- just need some finish round the edges.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6813/billeder42023a.jpg

[imghttp://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6813/billeder42023a.jpg[/img]

Jun 7, 09 11:59 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell
Jun 7, 09 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

[img]http://images.artwanted.com/large/61/3401_854961.jpg/img]

Latest Mural, .. this 110x230 Cm Mural was painted by hand not with spray can, with Acrylics on specialy treated Masonite sheet, bottom coor are silver and the rough side of the Masonite are used. Different from the Grafitti method I used before as now I can make the piece elsewhere, and just nail the sheet onto the wooden fence.

Some step from building first class boats, writing advanced computer programs and develobing it, the building method you all know. As allway's perfect danish quality and innovation, -- small or big, something can be made better, the creativity only become better experimenting with new way's and how many realy understand the challance, maneage to make the answer every time ?

Jul 12, 09 7:40 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell
Jul 12, 09 7:41 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

-- Forgot to say I newer realy care about this perfect english spelling all you academics recon are the key, it maybe be the key for you, but not the language I prefere, I newer realy liked it.

Jul 12, 09 7:46 am  · 
 · 
randomized
Jul 12, 09 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Thank's --- please remember that this is, - maybe not new but, -- atleast very different, becaurse I now paint not with spray color but with Acrylics and rollers or brushes and, I do not paint on site, but like here where several pieces of Masonit sheet been glued together, overlapping and in fact in two layers. Then it ended up with a Rugid Mural, treated to be placed outside lasting forever inside but heavy and a lot of charecter, ---- then you just move it to it's place and nail it onto the wooden fence. Strange experience, but different than spray-painting a piece on site.

[imghttp://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9851/3401854961sm.jpg[/img]

I wonder if I shal continue out that lead this winter, or if I shuld revise 3dh.

Jul 15, 09 9:04 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Jul 15, 09 9:04 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: