Archinect
anchor

The Unofficial School Blog Thread

School starts in about a month and the powers that be at Archinect seem prepared to go a second year without any new school bloggers. I think that the school blog project is a really valuable part of Archinect, so I thought that I'd start a thread for people that want to have a school blog but don't.

Post a link to your own blog(s) here.

Jul 26, 08 3:03 pm

Here's mine.

There's not much on it yet since I just started it and nobody really knew about it until now.

University of Pennsylvania - Doctoral Program
Phillip Crosby, 30, 1st Year PhD Student

Jul 26, 08 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
JWassell

I was thinking about starting one, but I'm rather anti-blog in nature, so we'll see, id put it in the links section if anything

Jul 26, 08 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
thebuildingbloc(k)

Updated regularly, often with stories dealing with architecture from U of Illinois, Ball State, and Louisville, KY, but also with topics from the allied fields.

Enjoy.

Jul 26, 08 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
A.R.Ch

i've tried to apply as a new blogger, especially because archinect neglected my entire state during their initial selection. my efforts have been thwarted, but i would welcome the opportunity if it was offered.

Jul 29, 08 5:50 pm  · 
 · 

Nice to see you, architphil!

Mine is ongoing since last year, and it covers a lot of other rambling topics in addition to school. But here is the link to the school portion of it.

University of Southern California, School of Architecture - Master of Building Science Program
Emily Kemper, 29, 2nd Year Master's Student

;-D

Jul 29, 08 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Although I was a regular school blogger when I was at Yale, I chose to not continue once I started my doctoral studies (I figured that since I did not have renderings, studio briefs, etc., interest level in a history/theory/criticism student would be low).

I do maintain this website, however. I did start it while I was at Yale.

In case you don't know, I am a 2nd year Ph.D student at Princeton.

Jul 30, 08 10:34 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hey, thebldgblock, glad to find you! Being in Naptown I'm right in the middle of your focus - will check in on your blog from now on!

Jul 30, 08 12:59 pm  · 
 · 

thanks emkem...

i'm up in philly this week finding an apartment... got it down to 3 now and i can't decide which one... argh...

just got back from seeing the old 97's at the trocadero... fantastic show!

i met with one of the profs that is runs the urban studies program... so i'll probably add a post about that tomorrow... can't wait to get moved up here and started at school...

Jul 31, 08 12:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: