Archinect
anchor

Tim Russert 1950-2008

mfrech
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25145431/

Tom Brokaw reported live on MSNBC (cable) at 3:45pm EST that Russert collapsed in the NBC News Bureau in Washington.

Jun 13, 08 3:48 pm
lletdownl

how sad, one of the better journalists on tv... watched meet the press every week.

Jun 13, 08 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

OMG. I can't even understand this. I can't handle it. This is ridiculous. I am so paranoid. We all need to go to the doctor and get our cholesterol checked. WAY before his time.

Tim Russert is irreplaceable and incomparable....it's a huge loss for NBC, and for and the country.

Jun 13, 08 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

This makes me sad.

So how come Russert dies and assholes like Dan Rather live forever?

Jun 13, 08 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I didn't agree with everything Russert said, but he was one of the more respectable pundits, and 58 is too damn young to die of a heart attack. Requiescant in pace.

Jun 13, 08 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

i actually got an NYT email alert, updating the story: apparently it was a coronary embolism, not a heart attack. still damn young though.

Jun 13, 08 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

Tim Russert was one of only a relative handful of television reporters who was calm, even-handed, respectful and respectable, non-sensationalist, and inquisitive in a time when televsion news has become far more spectacle than inquiry.

He and his calm, probing style and slight smile will be missed, and I shudder to think of what will become of my Meet the Press podcast.

Jun 13, 08 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
db

the tragedy of this coming so close to father's day for someone who was such a devoted father and son is simply unthinkable.

Go Bills!

Jun 13, 08 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

FLM, if you're lucky NBC will get Ted Koppel to be the next host of MTP.

...HA!

With Russert dead Koppel is about the last T.V. journalist with any thread of professionalism.

Jun 13, 08 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

Happy Father's Day Mr. Russert. You will be missed.

Jun 13, 08 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
med.

That's too bad. So young...

Jun 13, 08 5:13 pm  · 
 · 

i can't imagine going through a presidential campaign without russert...

it's a huge loss...

RIP...

Jun 13, 08 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

I'm at a huge loss for words. He was so young and so respected. He will be missed. RIP Tim. NBC is dedicating their entire world news coverage to him and his career.

Jun 13, 08 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Truly sad. He was my favorite news guy too... unbelieveable.

Jun 13, 08 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
fulcrum

Boy, I'm still recovering from Peter Jennings' death, and now this?

*sigh*

RIP, Tim.

Jun 14, 08 10:35 am  · 
 · 
mfrech

sitting here on sunday morning, i'm wondering what is gonna be on NBC at 10:30, but i am certain that the dignity and care with which he conducted the show will ensure that his successor is a person of the same quality.

Jun 15, 08 10:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: