Archinect
anchor

Facts

gonad

If the population of china were to walk past you in a single file, the line would never end due to the rate of reproduction.

I came across this fact online.... this is insane

May 29, 08 7:22 am
aquapura

Are humans smarter than yeast?

May 29, 08 8:58 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

aqua, thats a question, not a fact.

May 29, 08 9:06 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

Sorry, guess the fact is that both humans and yeast expand at exponential rates.

May 29, 08 9:16 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

7 of 10 Helens agree... Honesty is always the best policy

May 29, 08 9:30 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Rats can complete the the courting ritual and the whole romantic relationship in about two seconds.

May 29, 08 9:34 am  · 
 · 
Renewable

30 Helens agree........
To disagree.

May 29, 08 9:53 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

does that take into account how fast the chinese people are walking?

if these hypothetical people are moving slowly enough then i suppose that it's posssible the population of a small country like luxembourg could reproduce quickly enough to never stop walking past.

May 29, 08 11:04 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

lesson: learn mandarin

May 29, 08 11:37 am  · 
 · 
gonad

I think its assuming the average walking speed

May 29, 08 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

i believe this fact also holds true for Utah

May 29, 08 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

and maybe even Texas....from the sounds of things!

May 29, 08 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Hey now....

Don't be bringing Texas into that. Our Population is skyrocketting for other reasons.

Oh, and another fact:

The San Jacinto Monument, errected to memorialize Texas' win for independence is taller than the Washington Monument.

May 29, 08 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
gonad

When steel arrived on site for the construction of the empire state bldg, the steel was still warm to the touch (it was manufactured in pittsburg).

May 29, 08 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Isnt the replacement rate in China like .6? So if every 2 people have 1.2 kids the line should be getting shorter as it moves towards you no?

May 29, 08 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

that is the so called official rate...China is still growing though...even if they say they are not.

May 29, 08 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

YES TECHNICALLY THEY ARE STILL GROWING BUT THE POPULATION SHOULD JUST ABOUT HALF ITSELF IN THE NEXT 50 YEARS - DAM CAPS off

May 29, 08 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
FaCt!

If you put all my comments on archinect in a row it'd stretch to the moon.

May 29, 08 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
kyleseyz

Fact: I could use a hamburger.

May 29, 08 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
induct

If all of the people on Archinect who asked "How much does an architect make?" walked past you single file... and so on.

May 29, 08 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

gonads, Read more Malthus...

May 29, 08 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
dia

FACT: the chinese [collectively] have more to do than walk past a single individual until all have passed the individual [in question]. No individual is that important [myself excluded].

May 30, 08 12:16 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

fact: this thread has now become interesting.

May 30, 08 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

fact: i'm drinking an el modelo right now because that's the only thing in the fridge, and there's a half-consumed (actually that part is conjecture) box of wheat thins next to a leatherman 'kick' next to a konica-minolta digicam next to a dell mouse on my desk.

May 30, 08 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
ether

fact: it's 6pm on friday and i'm in the office. a small light brown colored mouse just ran across my foot.

May 30, 08 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Fact: I saw Elvis in the Grocery Store This Evening....amazing thing not even one gray hair. He was dessed casual, blue jeans, kids top sider tennis shoes, light cotton knit shirt and yes Sun Glasses. I know it was him, who else could it be.

May 30, 08 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

haa. courting ritual

May 30, 08 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

fact: the beer is finished but i found out i'll be picking-up dollar-chinese take-out food for 5 adults and 2 children and taking it to see the symphony play excerpts from the lion king at the zoo this evening.

my head may explode.

May 30, 08 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

in 1777 Captain Cook was given a baby tortoise by a Tongan high chief. The tortoise died in 1965 at the age of 188.

a japanese koi carp named hanako lived for 250 years.

May 31, 08 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
gonad

In ancient Rome, when a man testified in court he would swear on his testicles.

Jun 1, 08 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

"Many years ago in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled "Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden"...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language. "

Jun 1, 08 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV was Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

Jun 1, 08 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
clamfan

i have 3 testicles

Jun 1, 08 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

dear god...

ff33,

that 'fact' is way off, and i seem to remember many chauvanistic bible thumpers repeating that when i lived south of the intelligence line.

Jun 1, 08 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

thus the quotations...

Jun 1, 08 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

p.s. Fuck Golf.

Jun 1, 08 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

ah goodie.

yes, definitely. any game where a 400 lb morbidly obese chainsmoking alcoholic can win is not a sport.

Jun 1, 08 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
PsyArch

Unless that sport is snooker

Jun 2, 08 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
PsyArch

The king of Bhutan 1972-2006 was called King Jigme Wangchuck

Jun 2, 08 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Fact: Given that I know where he works, I am unsurprised that ether was still at the office at 6pm on a Friday.

The mouse thing surprised me, though, but I guess that's life in the big city.

Jun 2, 08 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i played golf yesterday. it is definitely a sport.

Jun 2, 08 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

fact: all matter is mostly empty space.

Jun 2, 08 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
ether

fact: I just spent 20 minutes reading about agfa8x's old fish and turtle.

Jun 2, 08 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
ether

fact: the mouse mentioned above has approximately 2 days to live.

(lb, it's actually not so bad.. although my wife will probably disagree =P )

Jun 2, 08 2:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: