Archinect
anchor

urgent..about the earthquake

cheer

I am not sure whether it is the right place to ask about this
my school is now in the mid of the planning of after disaster temporary house and village for the victims to have a trasisting shelter. our team and the dean are still in the disaster area and the earthquake still happens, would you please help me to find some international planning information/drawings about such kind of temporary shelter area/house? many many thanks!!!

May 18, 08 10:53 pm
Cameron

there are around 35 post-earthquake housing projects on the Open Architecture Network /Architecture for Humanity

http://www.architectureforhumanity.org/sichuan

We are currently not responding as our resources are focused on Myanmar but let us know if you need further info as we responded to Kashmir and Peru.

Also contact Arup (great post-disaster work out of the Sydney office), Emergency Architects (France/Australia), The Shelter Group (UK) and groups like Oxfam.

PLEASE look at a transitional to permanent strategy. their were so many mistakes after the tsunami.

Cheers
Cameron
AFH.

May 19, 08 10:28 am  · 
 · 
www.FavorGoods.com

, offers a large variety of sports shoes now to pick from, like Air Jordan Fusions,Air Jordan XXIII, air max, shox, AF1s,Dunks shoes,Prada,Puma,LV Shoes, etc, We also carry jeans,shorts,Handbags,Adidas,Hoodies,Sunglass,Watches,belts,caps, t-shirts,all name brand items......

Please check our web site out for great deals. We are always growing, Welcome to visit us: http://www.FavorGoods.com

May 19, 08 11:37 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

I posted this on this video on the earthquake thread..but ..here it is again..I really enjoyed this video..this guy's really awesome! especially the social aspects of the projects...

"a video about easily built steel structure / earthen / recycled brick homes in China, designed by HSIEH, Ying Chun...seems like a relevant solution amidst the recent crisis... the house costs 6000USD and without the need for skilled labor.....reminds me of a Barn Raising..

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=architect&hl=en&sitesearch=

May 19, 08 11:54 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

...& Ish0922,

go to hell !

May 19, 08 11:55 am  · 
 · 
cheer

many many thanks my friends~!!!I have read and present all these information u provided, they are very useful to us!!!
I am really moved! thanks again!

May 19, 08 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
cheer

btw, perhaps lsh is trying to find a place for advertising....

May 19, 08 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

they will delete that entry eventually...we always see posers trying to sell shit on here...

May 19, 08 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
Philarch

Cheer and/or Cameron - Lets say I would have the funds and the will to donate to provide transitional/permanent housing for a family in need. Under the conditions that I would be on site (I provide funds for getting and staying there) getting to know the people in need and being able to help first-hand (not the lead, but as a helping hand), would that be helpful, or a logistical nightmare? My employer is willing to match any donation I make up to a certain amount, but at the same time, I would be abe to donate more than 20x the max amount if I was more involved in the process getting to know the actual people it would be helping.

May 19, 08 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
cheer

Oh Philarch, it 's very kind of u!
up till now, the savage action is almost close to end, and the problem is how to house the victims appropriately and prevent them from the epidemic...these days the earthquake still happens from time to time, so the transitional house/area is so urgent.

the famous Chinese architect Liu Jiakun (Jia Kun Architects, and his hometown is Sichuan) is now calling for volunteer architects or any kind of helpers to start this kind of housing task.
if u r interested in, pls contact:

General Contact:
CAI KE FEI
QQ:33486200
EMAIL:[email protected]
TEL:15982265171
FAX:85589491

New York Contact:
WU LEI
EMAIL&MSN:[email protected]
TEL:(001)314-8006976

Washinton:
LI Yan Yan
msn: [email protected]
tel:202-957-6679

Edinburgh
SHEN JIE
TEL:+44--07515118166
ADD:FH204, Fleming House, 7 Richmond Place, Edinburgh EH8 9ST

Rotterdam:
Wang Wei
TEL:+31 643007637
ADD:botersloot 25 3011 HE Rotterdam ,the Netherland

Beijing:
ZANG FENG
[email protected]
MSN:[email protected]
TEL:010-82626123-21
FAX:010-82622712

Shanghai:
Tian Dan Ni
MSN:[email protected]
QQ:82942926
TEL:13764409544

and the general volunteer program, pls contact:
Committee of Si Chuan Province:TEL: 86245112 86245113 86245114

u may be able to get involved in the most fresh and urgent work there.

Thanks for ur kindness again!!! we all chinese people appreciate any kind of help and bless...

May 20, 08 8:55 am  · 
 · 
cheer

SORRY...wrong type...saving action......T_T

May 20, 08 9:13 am  · 
 · 
Philarch

Thanks for the info Cheer

By the way, I forgot to mention a small minute detail - I don't speak Chinese... I'm guessing this will be the biggest logistical issue.

Maybe I'll end up just donating money and let the pros do it... but I don't like that either.

May 21, 08 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
cheer

philarch, that's ok, if u will get involved in the housing project, all the colleages working with u could speak English, and today, some of my professors(international) has started to Sichuan province.

May 22, 08 9:43 am  · 
 · 
ther_mos_i_phon

thanks for the list cheer. i am interested in helping out as well. just sent off an email.

May 22, 08 12:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: