Archinect
anchor

Kanye West loves Denari

The Thriller in Manila

Looks like Kanye West is down with Denari's design. The comments are funny though, the topic it goes way over their head.

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/?em3106=193595_-1__0_~0_-1_5_2008_0_0

May 2, 08 2:16 pm
Apurimac

Thats awesome. Too bad he couldn't have picked a better architect...

May 2, 08 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

it's interesting kanye would like this, considering claudio silvestrin is designing his house... and it's like... the antithesis...

May 2, 08 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

Kanye (and his site) has followed a bunch of architects. I found an awesome mexican chocolate factory there.

May 2, 08 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

kanye west is an effing unoriginal bastard

most of his postings are lifted from here...
[url=http://www.plataformaarquitectura.cl/]plataforma arq/[url]

May 2, 08 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

dislexia.

plataforma arq

May 2, 08 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

hey thanks for the silvestrin shout out!

i like seeing his work

www.dezeen.com/kanye-west-shows-silvestrin-apartment-images

May 2, 08 4:24 pm  · 
 · 

I just want to know how I can be listed on kanye's favourites

May 2, 08 4:31 pm  · 
 · 

Wow Archi..
How did that happen.

May 2, 08 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

his apartment is hot, and reading the posts on that forum was a nice reminder of just how far minimalism goes over most folk's heads

"where's the w/c?"

Priceless.

May 2, 08 4:55 pm  · 
 · 

OMG, those comments on the site are classic, guess most of those ppl are used to the MTV cribs style - shudder...

May 2, 08 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

i kind of agree that the renderings are cold and the apartment looks uninhabitable. the floor plan just looks like a bad game of tetris. i guess it works perfect for a person who will never actually live in it.

May 2, 08 5:38 pm  · 
 · 

DJ,
Or you can just be minimal. In possessions and impact/influence on your living space.

Also, most of those commenter's I think are totally expecting Cribs style commfort.
But then even everyday middle America wants McMansion style..

May 2, 08 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

i agree, but i don't think minimal means that everything has to be right angles and stone. form trumps function, which i don't mind. just wouldn't feel comfortable living there.

May 2, 08 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I suspect theres a "ghost blogger" doing these posts for Kayne. I hope he doesn't spend as much time as I do reading the design blogs.....

The comments are great, especially on the photoreal renderings, I like the person who claims to walk past the building everyday.

See Garpike, if you had stuck it out at NMD you could have renderings on Kayne's blog!

May 3, 08 9:40 am  · 
 · 
aaandrew

This is my favorite:

"Do you know what would upset me after paying 2-5 mill... The damn train passing my window ever 10-15 minutes with electricity sparks lighting the sky at wee hours in the morning. I hope its sound proof. I once lived next to the L and its not fun."

May 3, 08 11:05 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ah hahahah, I didn't read any of the comments, thanks for pointing that out aaandrew.....that's hilarious!

I kind of like the building, personally.

May 4, 08 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

due to subprime issue, they say property will get worst... you think i can buy one later?

May 5, 08 10:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: