Archinect
anchor

Street Art In NY

d-train

Anyone up for making a statement?

Apr 19, 08 4:48 pm
JonathanLivingston

i think i was first attracted working in an architecture office, so i could have access to large format plotters, i love making large stencils and adhesive art.
not in new york though, we could collaborate digitally if if your methods are conducive. oh and have you seen this........
link

think of the possibilities.

Apr 19, 08 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

I am not up making a statement about street art in NY, I know how Graffiti is percived here in copenhagen as it seem Graffiti here, is fighting new inputs and projects focused on what Graffiti origine. Here the local voice are unwanted Graffiti turned it's back to it's origine and the more academic the expression became, the more pang color, the more profesional , the less public notis . Or it became a true weapon, where imported american Graffiti artists fight the local guy , act art as a war against other Graffiti painters , making you suggest, they enroll in a real war with that attitude instead of forcing it onto arts ---- Graffiti shuld reconsider what a wonderfull oppotunity. Graffiti shuld evolve not turn into piece wars ; but the more academic the more refined letters and cult messeages, the further away Graffiti has moved itself from alowing the local people have their say , the more "intenasional" Graffiti beacame the more academic or war like --- the more it is fighting it's own roots, when public can't tell one piece from the next, can not read the letters or the messeage is only for other painters, then a great oppotunity are lost.

Apr 25, 08 5:03 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Sorry forgot to add my Graffiti , -- guess in a discussion about street art , a graffiti picture is relevant. Also as an example of Graffiti, that people love.

Apr 25, 08 5:10 am  · 
 · 
Philarct

sir smokes...
i make stencils too, got a myspace?
a collaboration would be sweet

Apr 28, 08 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

and for d-train
although not all about ny
link

Apr 28, 08 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
d-train

hmmm.... starting to see interest from all over the map. collaberations could get interesting.

Apr 28, 08 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

hey guys i need a new idea for a stencil
any ideas?
my most recent was the portrait of
rem not much, and not too hard

Apr 29, 08 10:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: