Archinect
anchor

Whistleblowing -- how to do i ?

nonarchitect

Has any one had any experience with sub-ethical practices of bosses and employers ? I need to get this out my chest before jeopardizing my own reputation...my boss is not paying his vendors, nor meeting his contractual obligations with several government contracts...who should i report this to ?

Apr 10, 08 6:27 pm
mdler

the government

Apr 10, 08 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
oldenvirginia

just purse your lips and blow...

Apr 10, 08 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Vent to your significant other or a good listener. Find a new job. Move on.

Apr 10, 08 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
cou2

Make sure you document as much as you can. Make copies, ect. That way they can't try to BS their way out of it.

Apr 11, 08 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

just get out or join the party

Apr 11, 08 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
scratches

So long as he's not lying to meet what you think are contractual obligations, I would say that the gov't contracts folks should raise the issue if it's a problem for them. Without knowing specifics here, there's the distinct possibility that you have interpreted the contract in a certain way that doesn't match your employers' or the agency's history of doing business. If it's a simple contract violation, then it will either come up or it won't, and he'll either be screwed or he won't.

As for paying the vendors, surely they are aware of this, and again you don't know everything that he has discussed with them. I would be very careful in assuming that things are bad simply because they are not what you expected, or perhaps some vendor complained about something on the phone.

Again, unless he's actively defrauding the government or his vendors, I would simply try to get more information.

Apr 11, 08 7:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: