Archinect
anchor

anyone in Portland wanna give me a job?

mdler

thought I should ask here 1st

Apr 10, 08 2:09 pm
le bossman

who would wanna live in portland anyway?

Apr 10, 08 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
farwest1

portland's a great city. given a high paying job, who WOULDN'T want to live there?

Apr 10, 08 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
mack

i think zimmer gunsul frasca is hiring there

Apr 10, 08 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

dear god no...

Apr 10, 08 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

no, portland isn't real. in fact, it doesn't even exist. "There is no Dana, only Zuul."

Apr 10, 08 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
citrus.grey

I can give you a job doing my laundry mdler; I pay entirely in ramen noodles and corn dogs though. I promise it'll still beat ZGF.

Apr 10, 08 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

LOL, mdler...

Why go to all that trouble --preparing a portfolio, writing a resume', going on rounds of interviews --when the Archinect community can do away with all that drudgery and anxiety by granting wishes?

Apr 10, 08 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

citizen

Im the mdler...im a f'in legend in these parts

Apr 10, 08 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

I AM LEGEND

Come to SF I have a job for you fer sure...plus we have strippers!!!

Apr 11, 08 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
farwest1

Portland has more strippers per capita than any other city in the US.

And many of them are vegan.

Apr 11, 08 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

VEGAN!!! - OK thats it - No Ive herd it all

You mean they dont eat meat? What kind of strippers dont eat meat? WTF?

Apr 11, 08 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Gassy strippers! It's like a sexy comedy show!

Apr 11, 08 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
farwest1

There's also a great Mexican place called El Grillo (right downtown) that shares a restroom with a strip club called Mary's Club—or rather, that uses the strip club's restroom, which is a few feet from the stage.

It's always great to take a friend to El Grillo for the first time, mention that they "may want to wash their hands before the meal", and see the weird look on their faces when they come back from the bathroom. Particularly with girls.

Apr 11, 08 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

If all of this is really true, then portland sounds like the worst city ever...yuck

Apr 11, 08 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
farwest1

It's all true. And yet Portland remains...the.....best...city......EVER!

Where else can you find more advanced degrees per capita and more strippers than any other city in the world? Oh, and more microbreweries than anywhere else (nicknamed Beervana.) And most vegetarian city. Among other superlatives.

Apr 11, 08 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
sandmansd

i'd like to add: one of the biggest city parks in the world, a great transit system, awesome bike-ability, and high quality, inexpensive ganja to farwest's list.

Apr 14, 08 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
ChAOS

also
boring as hell unless you don't mind zero intellectual stimulation
most outside of time work is spent drinking beer or coffee and TALKING about going outdoors but not ACTUALLY going outdoors
beautiful beyond belief though

Apr 14, 08 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
babs

Portland also has the highest number of psychiatrists/psychologists per capita in the US ... might have something to do with the fact that it rains all the damn time there and a few of their citizens are susceptible to depression.

Apr 14, 08 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

ha, stinky green tillamook

Apr 14, 08 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

at least it's not another thread discussing the pros/cons of two different cities.

Apr 14, 08 2:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: