Archinect
anchor

Church Plans for Less!

My boss just discovered this yesterday:

http://churchplansforless.com/whycpfl.htm

Many times we are asked: “What is the benefit to using Church Plans For Less instead of a local architect? We are interested in your company, but my congregation is leaning toward a local firm.”

First and foremost, we suggest to all church boards and congregations, that your choice of an architect be directed by the Spirit, and not by personal choice. Try not to put the emphasis on friends or business acquaintances, but on prayer. Pray that God will grant you wisdom to lead you to the persons that will best assist you in your church growth.

Many churches go to a local architect that will design a “basic” church building. They, in many cases, have never designed a church. Experience in church design and the understanding of its ministry goals is paramount in choosing an architect. At Church Plans For Less, we feel that designing a “basic” church building plan is not enough. We feel that ministry needs are very important and need to be properly assessed, all the while keeping your church’s budgetary constraints in mind.

Apr 5, 08 11:29 am
snook_dude

damn those guys are working in Vado's Backyard. Wonder if he would ever consider Jumping Ship?

Apr 5, 08 12:52 pm  · 
 · 

Apr 6, 08 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
xacto

"Thank God for his visions of ChurchPlansForLess."

-Pastor Kenneth Fowlkes
Hanover, Maryland

Apr 6, 08 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

why does every new congregation need to make a new building? Theres plenty of older unused churches and temples etc to move into - hell the catholic church is shuting them down left and right!

Apr 6, 08 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

"Many churches go to a local architect that will design a “basic” church building. They, in many cases, have never designed a church. Experience in church design and the understanding of its ministry goals is paramount in choosing an architect."

Yeah, I guess FLW, Le Corbusier, and Tadao Ando were all clueless, but Heaven knows(no pun intended) that the obvioulsy well educated designers at churchplansforless have got it all figured out! Who wouldn't want to come into the presence of the Almighty in a scaled up industrial shed?

It's too bad we spent all those years in school learning how to critically determine how to identify what a client might need in a space...if there is a God and he created us all, wouldn't the talents and abilities architects have to uniquely identify, spatially, what someone needs and then design it be Holy or Godly? I guess it's too bad the Spirit is then leading churches to churchplansforless.com to adorn our suburbs and the sides of highways with these magnificent structures.

If my experience with churches and real estate/architecture means anything, then churches usually disregard the fact that they have members that are real estate lawyers, CFOs, etc...and will let unexperienced church leaders make all the decisions because they are "ministry staff.

and no, i don't have a chip on my shoulder...ha

Apr 6, 08 5:55 pm  · 
 · 

Church Plans, people.

Church Plans for Less!

Does anybody hear me?

Apr 6, 08 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

And here we were at my church trying to figure out how to finish our building. Problem solved!

Apr 6, 08 9:34 pm  · 
 · 
sandmansd

the prayers must resonate better in a steel building.... wood and stone just aren't good enough conductors.

evilplaypus: yeah good question. in my town there are at least 3 decent churches for sale (brick clad) near downtown, but every time a new church forms they build one of these shit-tastic un-godly metal kit buildings on the edge of town.

Apr 7, 08 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

why wouldn't god be in the discount baskets as well? we all are.

Apr 7, 08 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

this is my new fav site, hands down.

holy crap, it looks like dick busch works for them!
or they're plagiarizing.
considering the bible, i'll go with plagiarizing...

the 12 mistakes from the top 10 mistakes page.....

12 mistakes on a top 10 page? must be a miracle.

i really like #9 and #12...

Mistake #1. Failure to conduct a needs analysis.
Mistake #2. Selecting the wrong architect or builder.
Mistake #3. Relying on the architect’s cost estimate.
Mistake #4. Improper site selection.
Mistake #5. Failure to plan for adequate parking.
Mistake #6. Unrealistic projection of income or inadequate cash on hand.
Mistake #7. Getting on the bad side of city government.
Mistake #8. Allowing the project to overwhelm your life.
Mistake #9. Not praying for the construction workers.
Mistake #10. Waiting to celebrate until the building is complete.
Mistake # 11. Ordering that "On Sale for a Limited Time Steel Building Package".
Mistake # 12. Failing to check for the need of a Registered Architect.

Apr 7, 08 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
colinrichardson

Mistake #7. Getting on the bad side of city government.
According to Barnhill, zoning issues for churches are getting more and more testy.

“I think it’s Satan’s last attempt to retard the growth of the church,” he says.

Says Johnson, “You never want to make the city your enemy.

___

so the zoning board works for satan?

Apr 7, 08 6:47 pm  · 
 · 

Can I get a witness??

Apr 7, 08 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
xpro

a psalm for the building industry vss. 1-6
A rhyme upon zither
by xpro

Building as profit-generating tool
short-term gain
long-term losses*

Pass the collection basket
begin the building process

Each pew another dollar
any brand will do

The committee was wholly inspired
pre-fabbed and built to suit!

A building to generate profit
I pray thee not a sin

Spirituality for less.
sanctified. amen.

* line 3. US.ENGL_ Some scholars believe long-term losses can be quantified in terms of land value overtime, not nec. of eternal consequence, etc.

Apr 8, 08 4:14 am  · 
 · 

pure genius.

if i could make myself put so little effort into design and reap both huge terrestrial and heavenly rewards, i'd do it!

but then i'd have been responsible for such crap.

ergo, can't make myself/couldn't do it.

Apr 8, 08 7:08 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I think i may have worked on one of their projects where we designed and addition. I recall there were no footings just foundation walls which didn't extend below the frost line so it made for some interesting discussions with the local building official and my structural engineer.

Apr 8, 08 12:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: