Archinect
anchor

How to get from UCLA vs. SCI-arc

moca

How to get from UCLA vs. SCI-arc?
I'm staying near the UCLA campus and trying to visit SCI-arc.
Does anyone know what's the easiest way to travel between the two with public transportation?

Thank you!!!

Apr 1, 08 10:04 pm
won and done williams

practice, practice, practice

[i couldn't resist.]

Apr 1, 08 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

drive

or take the bus downtown and walk or take a cab the last bit. (best route is on sunset, wilshire ends 3 miles from sciarc)

or ask for a ride from a ucla student...

Apr 1, 08 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
c.k.
plan your trip here
Apr 2, 08 12:00 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

it's easy...walk to wilshire through westwood village...take a wilshire bus east. i'm forgetting the bus numbers but there should be an express rapid (920?), a semi express rapid (720?), and a regular (20?) (with many stops)...the bus will end up at 7th street and metro station. from there you can go 3 ways: do an awesome 45 minute walk through downtown; take the figueroa Dash north and get off at 1st street, then take dash A east to sci-arc. i haven't gotten on the dash A in a long time so i don't know if they changed the route but it use to stop in front of blooms store; or take the red line to civic center then take the Dash heading to sciarc...

if want to visit usc...you can take dash F

you can get around downtown using dash and walking

Apr 2, 08 1:07 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

correction: avoid 920...it stops short...

Apr 2, 08 1:17 am  · 
 · 
MMatt
www.hertz.com
Apr 2, 08 1:21 am  · 
 · 
mdler

LA SUCKS

Apr 2, 08 1:47 am  · 
 · 
yyz

this conversation is reinforcing my decision to avoid los angeles

Apr 2, 08 1:52 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

'awesome 45 minute walk' through skid row? only a sophisticated angeleno who knows where the midnight mission is should attempt that journey. walking south from union station is much less traumatic and gut wrenching then walking east from union square.

Apr 2, 08 9:53 am  · 
 · 
justavisual

when i drive i take wilshire to santa monica to beverly blvd, down until it becomes first st...right on alameda, left on 4th, left on merrick...

cheers.

Apr 2, 08 11:14 am  · 
 · 
justavisual
http://www.metro.net/default.asp

trip planner

Apr 2, 08 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

tk

I think that living in downtown LA is making me (clinically) depressed. Nothing better than driving through the streets of dying people towards my fortified building full of asshole solitarians who will have the home owners assocaition fine you $100's for every little thing you may or may not do...

and to think I pay $1000+ a month for this lifestyle

LA is a shithole

Apr 2, 08 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

so you're outta the 'dena mdler?

Apr 2, 08 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

yep

Apr 2, 08 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

mdler, get out of downtown and start smelling the roses again!

(glad I lived downtown before the assholes moved in).

Apr 2, 08 1:16 pm  · 
 · 

when you get to the area you'll see a building that says,
'crazy gideon's' on it, that's sci arc.

Apr 2, 08 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Just don't ask SCI-Arc how it keeps it's prices so low.

Apr 2, 08 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

TK

I want to smell the roses in Portland. Sorry that I am hating on LA, but I got in a fight with a guy who lives across the street last night over walking my dog....

Apr 2, 08 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
StudioWookie

so far, i heart LA, i have a great 1 hour commute from downtown to venice beach, then back to downtown, making it 2 hours a day bumper to bumper, which should only take 25 mins, its great! so i take a detour through the wonderful world of USC and Crenshaw district. My parking stall smells of lush and fresh urine. I shop at food4less in koreatown because the Ralphs in downtown is tarded and overpriced. good thing i have cats that dont need walking because then i would have to defend myself from {self}abusive transiants who beg everynight for change, alcohol or downers...and I am sick of ramen noodles in lil' tokyo.

...and make sure you dog doesnt lick anything on the ground, my neighbors dog got parvo from licking the side of the caltrans building...

Apr 3, 08 1:32 am  · 
 · 
mdler

at least I can get a $5 blowjob from a 60yr old toothless woman outside of my doorstep

Apr 3, 08 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

hmmm, I am looking for a good neighborhood to live in when i move...mdler, where do you live? ...and is this woman there on saturdays by chance?

Apr 3, 08 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i live downtown. I would avoid living there if possible.

Apr 3, 08 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

ff30

if you live in Silverlake, Hollywood, West Hollywood you can get a $5 blowjob from a dude with teeth

Apr 3, 08 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
StudioWookie

oh ish, i have seen that old sweet honey on main st in the old bank district!!! she is hot! and when i mean hot i mean fugly. And that main st grill place sucks ass......

Apr 3, 08 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

studiowookie

most LA restaurants suck ass

Apr 3, 08 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
StudioWookie

true that.... the pantry sucks, philipes on alameda sucks, hop louie sucks, homeboy cafe sucks, and shabu-shabu sucks...

Apr 3, 08 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

philipes is good....

Apr 3, 08 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i am talking about higher end dining experiences...good restaurant service is hard to come by in this city. Much has to do with the fact that the wait staff are actors who cant act

Apr 3, 08 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

What a bunch of whiners.

Apr 3, 08 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

hmmm...imho, some people 'get' LA, some just do not. If you do not, probably the best to move out sooner than later.

The over-gentrification of downtown is certainly bothersome though. Silverlake, Mt Washington and Echo park are very interesting neighborhoods, though.

Apr 3, 08 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

sameolddoc

it is a combination of over-gentification and lack of infastructure (groceries, stores, restaurants) that bother me. You really have to go to Pasadena or Silverlake to do any shopping after 6pm.

Apr 3, 08 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
grid

mdler - you're in the toy lofts, right?

I enjoy living downtown. I am in the artist district which has changed a lot in the last year. There aren't nearly as many homeless people roaming around, a couple good restaurants are within walking distance, etc. The best part is that I rarely have to drive.

Apr 3, 08 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

grid

I am in the toy lofts...

Apr 3, 08 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
TIQM

If you are not digging LA, I think that you should all leave. Please make sure to tell as many people as possible that LA sucks.

Apr 3, 08 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
StudioWookie

toy lofts?? of course there isnt an infrastructure, not out there, nothing but jalisco bars and titty bars....not that i am in a situation any better, i have parvo ridden caltrans and plastic company at the edison.

Apr 3, 08 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

i will be in LA in two days...I need to write this stuff down...so wait? ...titty bars, 5$ blowjob...don;t lick the caltrans building...

Apr 4, 08 12:17 am  · 
 · 
StudioWookie

sams hof brau, no cover for nudie dancers...la cita, but not on sat/sun, cumbia nights, unless its your thing. galazy girls is a hostess club, dont bring sand to the beach. 50% sushi and zencu in lil tokyo, free street parking after 6pm and on sundays. enjoy!

Apr 4, 08 2:50 am  · 
 · 
mdler

dont get me started on the fucking Edison...

Apr 4, 08 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

mdler, why?

Apr 4, 08 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

the 1st time I was there I got kicked out...

having a business attire dress code at a downtown LA bar doesnt make much sense...It is a bar for the valley crowd

Apr 4, 08 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

wook, where can i park the millenium falcon tomorrow night?

Apr 4, 08 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
StudioWookie

orale! park it at the toshi station, and by that i mean somewhere on the street after 6pm or $8 parking next door.

Apr 4, 08 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

mdler was climbing shit. mdler, get down from there!

Apr 4, 08 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Hey mdler's living on my old street! I know that hooker, she was only 40 years old when I was there a couple years ago!

(that guy across the street sounds like my former landlord even!)

Living down there will indeed make you clinically depressed. Move anywhere else in LA asap. The beach is much less depressing. And depressingly, Santa Monica is not depressing.

Apr 4, 08 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

I got kicked out of the Edison my 1st time as well.

Apr 5, 08 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
StudioWookie

i prefer redwood over edison and la cita over redwood.....and star wars over star trek.

Apr 6, 08 11:57 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

La Cita!

You like Star Wars?

Apr 7, 08 1:20 am  · 
 · 
StudioWookie

doesnt everybody.

Apr 7, 08 3:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: