Archinect
anchor

creative firm names

psmartin

ok everyone, we are all tired of hearing the same old firm names such as morphosis, SOM, OMA, etc. Let's hear some new suggestions for firm names.

Mar 26, 08 7:08 am
4arch

This has already been discussed here

Please familiarize yourself with the search feature before reposting the same old threads.

Mar 26, 08 8:46 am  · 
 · 

oma is pretty brilliant though. office for metropolitan architecture, conceived at height of hate on for urbanism...and it also means gramma. how much better can you get?

FAT approaches, but then their work is not same level...hm maybe there is more to architecture than the good name...

Mar 26, 08 8:47 am  · 
 · 
psmartin

wow, someone needs to calm the hell down.

Mar 26, 08 8:51 am  · 
 · 
marmkid

how dare you not have searched the boards before creating your own thread
and with so few comments too?
you should be banned instantly

Mar 26, 08 9:15 am  · 
 · 
psmartin

seriously, tar and feather me now!

Mar 26, 08 9:34 am  · 
 · 
MacRoen

I would call my firm: Mighty Erections...

Mar 26, 08 9:42 am  · 
 · 
Ron Nichols

BMF architects (big mutha fuckers architects)

Mar 26, 08 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
nomadzilla

let it fade....

Mar 26, 08 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Personally, I think some of us have been around so long that, to be fair, we need to allow some of the old threads to reincarnate anew. We can all stand to learn something from the young fresh perspective.

That said, the thread 4arch linked to was hilariously funny, so I recommend everyone to read it - then post new ideas here.

A local residential firm is called "Haus" - and their graphic is really cool, I have to admit a twinge of envy when I see their yard signs.

Also, the firm Bjarke Ingels Group – BIG's - website is big.dk. You really can't beat that. I mean, top that.

Mar 26, 08 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

although not firm names, this [url=http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=70378_0_42_0_C]thread[/ur] was also fun in thinking of new user names

Mar 26, 08 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

my firm does creative work

Mar 26, 08 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
greenlander1

i kinda like fred gehry

Mar 26, 08 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
ross

new landscape firm called "heavy meadow"

Mar 27, 08 4:32 am  · 
 · 
kangnar

i like, Good Architecture

Mar 27, 08 5:39 am  · 
 · 

that starts to go the direction i'd go, bad. that, or something like 'responsible architecture' or 'consider the implications architecture'.

separate from the marketing aspect, it would help keep those WITHIN the office on task maybe.

as lb knows, i always wanted to have a band called the 'empty puddles'. (i'd play piano and sax.) maybe that would be a good firm name. empty puddles architecture. EPA.

Mar 27, 08 7:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: