anchor

'Women in Art'

SDR

. . .or, dark eyes rule !

http://www.artgallery.lu/digitalart/women_in_art.html

Mar 15, 08 3:01 pm
Emilio

"Oh, the French girl, she's in paradise and a drunken man is at the wheel,
Hunger pays a heavy price to the falling gods of speed and steel.
Oh, time is short and the days are sweet and passion rules the arrow that flies,
A million faces at my feet but all I see are dark eyes."

Mar 15, 08 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Chocolate Eyes Rule....

Mar 15, 08 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
n_

No Frida self-portrait?

Mar 15, 08 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Good question. Maybe that eyebrow broke the computer when he tried to get it to morph with any other face. . .!

Mar 15, 08 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
randomized

whatabout some Cubism? but anyhow interesting.

Mar 15, 08 8:10 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Women in Art will allway's be.

Mar 16, 08 6:58 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Unless Lamp posts become more interesting .

Mar 16, 08 7:03 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Mar 23, 08 4:51 am  · 
 · 
Medit

great video.. maybe too fast, but great anyway

Mar 23, 08 9:35 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

its fun to watch but morphing other artists really ain't art to me...thanks for playing.

Mar 23, 08 9:51 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

No that is missing some of the essensial in tradisional fine art , still -- for me it is inspiring.

Then even it's not art as such, it is kind of art for artists --- just wonder about how to judge something like Pop Art then, what about those images of Marilyn monroe, then that is not art either ?

Mar 23, 08 10:21 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Sorry about that --- but this morphing issue remind me of some applications I once made.
I know it is a bit off topic, but there are another edge to morphing when we talk about 3D morphing ; Emagine you modeled two very different buildings in a 3D program , and then you pick both and ask the program to 3D morph in say 7 steps, between the two --- now who created the resulting design was it the program, or was it you. Then emagine you and your friend model two different designs -- that could be houses or furniture , and the same morphing was made to those, case you both designed and you pick morph 4 out of seven inbetweens, that case you designed 4/7 and your friend 3/7 of the resulting number 4 morph step.
---- Think this sound wierd, well it is pssible and the good thing about it is, that projected 3D it can be build.

Mar 23, 08 11:17 am  · 
 · 
aml

you know, it's an entertaining video and all, and i don't mean to sound all super feminist and stuff, but honestly based on the title i thought i was going to find a discussion more along the lines of the guerrilla girls

Mar 23, 08 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

thats an ingres-y gorilla! get it???? ingres-y...

Mar 23, 08 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Ah. Now that's good. A difficult pun, especially for the art-challenged.

Could that be a Klingon bride on her wedding night?

Why would I not think this thread would bring up issues of sexism -- and indifferent sidewalk art ? [rolling-eye emoticon here, please]

Mar 23, 08 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

"But 83 Pct. of the nudes are female"

Mar 23, 08 5:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: