Archinect
anchor

Admissions starting up...

jazz32x

UVA acceptance phone call came today. official letters to go out end of the week. which everywhere was so prompt. good luck there and everywhere.

Feb 26, 08 12:37 am
dedubs

all the cooper home tests are flying in by the dozens. excitement is in the air. letters go out in about 3 weeks. good luck as well to everyone!

Feb 26, 08 12:53 am  · 
 · 
Goletian

I received an acceptance letter from ASU last week! I'm excited because it looks like life forces are pushing me to move to that city.

Feb 26, 08 1:46 am  · 
 · 
smithwillb

Jazz - are you M.Arch? What path did you apply to? Just curious. thanks,

Feb 26, 08 9:36 am  · 
 · 
jazz32x

M Arch Path B....

Feb 26, 08 9:41 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

whats wrong with the commiserate thread?

Feb 26, 08 9:53 am  · 
 · 
Botanicon

Has anyone received a call for the MLA program at uva?

Feb 26, 08 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
uhhhhh

hey danny, do the envelopes with the acceptance letters for cooper differ in thickness than the rejection letters?

like i remember when applying to colleges the first time around, a thin, regular sized envelope in your mailbox meant doom before you even opened it, and the thicker ones meant there was plenty of literature inside signaling acceptance.

*currently experiencing post-application-pins-and-needles-paranoia*

Feb 26, 08 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
A V

Ughgh I got a package from Syracuse the other day, thought it would be an acceptance letter since it was so packed. It was just information about the program. Boooooo

: \

Feb 26, 08 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
dotdotdot

yep. i just got my UVA call today. It makes me feel so much better about this whole process!

Feb 26, 08 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
dotdotdot

M.Arch Path A

Feb 26, 08 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
smithwillb

yikes. me too. no phone call yet.

Feb 26, 08 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
asbuckeye07

March path B for me...no call. no mail. nada. nervous

Feb 26, 08 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

My son got into the Indy Public School Magnet Program we applied for as our first choice! YES!!!!! Goodbye to tuition for at least the next five years!!!!

(See, it's a lifelong process.)

Feb 26, 08 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Ya HOO! Liberty. I have been thinking about taking our Big Boy Matisse to School. They have these classes where dogs jump over things crawl thru things and race around crazy. I figure he would be a star as all of the above he is well qualified to carry out. Think it might be good for his general behavior, to be out and about with some other dogs... Damn I'm Sounding like a Parent! I promise you one thing I will not be sending him to College, Thank God or Whoever!

Feb 26, 08 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
dedubs

uhhhhh: i'd like to keep it as a surprise for you, you know just to keep the tension even stronger.. but the acceptance letters are in a large white envelope, while everything else is in a normal sized letter envelope.

Feb 26, 08 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

uuuh, we knew that

Feb 26, 08 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
dedubs

uhhhhh, i was responding to uhhhhh's question, ff33

Feb 26, 08 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

oh uhhh, right.

Feb 26, 08 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
uhhhhh

ha! just the kind of kind of conversation i was hoping my username would one day elicit.

fuck. well at least i know now without even opening the damn thing.

*le sigh*

Feb 27, 08 9:34 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

uhhh, glad you liked it

Feb 27, 08 9:41 am  · 
 · 
ldaye

i applied to uva for the MLA and no call yet.... maybe they are seperate... i hope. uhhhg.

Feb 27, 08 10:35 am  · 
 · 
stonerock

as did I (MLA at UVA) and have not received the "phone call." sigh.

Feb 27, 08 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
rza

I will buy every Archinector a beer if I get in at Cooper.
But you all must come to Detroit.

Feb 27, 08 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
uhhhhh

ooooo, higherness did you apply for transfer?? what year???? (if you don't mind me asking)

Feb 28, 08 8:40 am  · 
 · 
Botanicon

hopefully the uva calls for mla are later than the march...

Feb 29, 08 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
rza

uhhhhhhhhh I am applying as a freshman.

Mar 1, 08 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
doin_time

oh crap

I hope the UVA MLA is separate too - I really need to stop fueling my anxiety by reading these threads...

Mar 3, 08 9:52 am  · 
 · 
stonerock

The MLA at UVA was not too far behind - just received an acceptance e-mail.

Mar 3, 08 9:52 pm  · 
 · 
doin_time

@stonerock-

maybe they are going in alphabetical order - what's the first letter of your last name, if i may ask?

Mar 4, 08 8:23 am  · 
 · 
ldaye

stonerock... what is your background? architecture, larch, other? just curious...

Mar 4, 08 8:31 am  · 
 · 
doin_time

i think i'm getting an ulcer

Mar 4, 08 8:34 am  · 
 · 
stonerock

For the last name, I'm in the middle, so I wouldn't be surprised if more e-mails are to be sent.

I have my undergrad degree in science.

Mar 4, 08 8:36 am  · 
 · 
ldaye

congrats by the way.... whooahhh my anxiety just took over!!! sorry about that! haha. I guess i was wondering if you were path A or path B?

Mar 4, 08 8:36 am  · 
 · 
stonerock

No problem and thanks :) I've been on pins and needles since January, and I'm still waiting on other schools. I hate waiting.

Mar 4, 08 8:42 am  · 
 · 
ldaye

that is exciting stonerock! what are your other choices? UVA is great school for Landscape Architecture!

Mar 4, 08 8:47 am  · 
 · 
doin_time

@stonerock-

yes, congrats

i don't even remember which email i gave on my apps so that triples my nerves for the rest of the week

Mar 4, 08 8:48 am  · 
 · 
stonerock

Yeah, UVa is doing great things for themselves and their students right now. The e-mail indicated this year's admissions was the most competitive in the program's history, which is another indicator of their current strengths.

My list:
OSU
UPenn
University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign
Berkeley
UVa
GSD

I really hadn't expected to hear anything from most of them until next week, so the e-mail last night came as a big surprise.

Mar 4, 08 8:55 am  · 
 · 
dotdotdot

weird. i didnt get an email. i got a phone call. Do you think the email will arrive soon?

Mar 4, 08 9:27 am  · 
 · 
ldaye

thats a great list of schools... i only applied to four... gsd, uva, berkeley, and ut austin.

what would be your top choice... assuming you got into every school??

Mar 4, 08 9:42 am  · 
 · 
stonerock

I thought about Austin but decided I most likely would never practice/live in the South so decided against it. My top choice - ha - I'm just going to wait to see who wants me first.

Do you have a preference?

Mar 4, 08 9:51 am  · 
 · 
Philarct

i just called virginia tech
they said i wont get my
acceptance (prayerfully)
until around the end of
march to mid april

Mar 4, 08 9:55 am  · 
 · 
ldaye

gsd would be great...that is if i can get in. i applied 3 years ago out of undergrad to (my department head's wish) and i was on the waiting list. since then i moved to barcelona worked for an LA there and I am now in charleston,sc. i'm from boston and it would be nice to go home.

other than that i'm torn between uva and berkeley, but for some reason i don't think i'll get into berkeley?! haha. just a gut feeling. ut has some great things going for it as well, but the LA program is young so we'll see.

all else fails, i want to move back to europe! haha. i'm very nervous and def unsure about everything. it would be nice to know where i'll be in 6 months...which i'm sure everyone here would agree!

if you get a chance stonerock you should post your portfolio....
i posted mine http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=70417_0_42_0_C

Mar 4, 08 10:06 am  · 
 · 
stonerock

Yeah - moving to Europe would be the best Plan B :)

For some reason, I also have pessimistic feelings about Berkeley, probably because that was the first application and required two different essays.

I'll pass posting my portfolio. As a MLA 1 applicant without a strong design background, my work just isn't at the caliber as the majority of the portfolio postings. Perhaps later (and given that I can figure out how to post it and format to an acceptable file size) when all the yas or nas have been recorded.

Good Luck with admissions! I like the GSD too, and really hope you get in.

Mar 4, 08 10:38 am  · 
 · 
baulding

bcndaye, you should move to barcelona...i hear it's a pretty great place.

Mar 4, 08 10:42 am  · 
 · 
Botanicon

damn...uva is driving me crazy

Mar 4, 08 11:04 am  · 
 · 
ldaye

botanicon... what is your background?

Mar 4, 08 11:09 am  · 
 · 
Botanicon

does UVA waitlist people?

Mar 4, 08 11:11 am  · 
 · 
bozerwong

haven't received anything from uva mla yet......
guess i m not in..sigh

Mar 4, 08 11:12 am  · 
 · 
Botanicon

I have a B.A. in Art History and a minor in Horticulture, I went to Career Discovery at Harvard this summer for LA and I thought that helped out my portfolio a lot, but I really wanted UVA

Mar 4, 08 11:13 am  · 
 · 
bozerwong

botanicon...where else did you apply

Mar 4, 08 11:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: