Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Review

lopaka

This portfolio is still missing a couple of minor pages, but I am always open to some criticism.

Also, if anyone has suggestions for offices in NYC or San Fran that might be hiring I would appreciate the tip.

http://picasaweb.google.com/warner.seth/PortfolioSethWarner/photo?authkey=byVHeqii1IE#s5168816411687892882

(how do you create a link?)

Feb 20, 08 7:07 pm
lopaka

I guess it links it for you automatically, my bad.

Feb 20, 08 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
brut

finally....a portfolio with enough white space....bravo

do you have any other projects (or could you add more pages to the current projects)? Even if it's of a little lesser quality I'm sure you could make it look good enough to pad the inner pages.

otherwise, nice.

Feb 20, 08 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
cvankle

solid

Feb 20, 08 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
allim70

I think it's simple but well thoughtful. However, it would be better if you are consistent with the margin (espeically side margins). Other than that, it 's quite good enough to see what you intend to show.
Good job.

Feb 20, 08 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
uhhhhh

quite possibly the best portfolio i have seen posted on archinect. the work is good and is then presented in a clean and clear manner. very impressive.

if i may be so bold to ask, what school did you attend?

Feb 20, 08 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
lopaka

Washington State University, and thank you

Feb 20, 08 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
superduct

super. great. excellent. i ain't no fool either [reviewed incoming grad folios at UMich for 2 years].

ur white space is excellent, the orange is subtle, the work is to par.

con: if it was black and white would it look good? i dont think so. some images are flat, consider brightness/contrast and levels in pshop.

pro: i anticipate rave reviews from any school you apply to. you dont seem to pedantic, but you are just artsy enough to appeal to the right people.

best of luck and send me a message if you need a job. we could use another talented soul down here in SoFla.

~duct

Feb 20, 08 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
superduct

correction: rave reviews from any *office* you apply to.

Feb 20, 08 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
Becker

Nice.

Very smooth, subtle

Feb 20, 08 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
gradapp07

i concur, very nice.

Feb 21, 08 7:49 am  · 
 · 
rira

like it, but spell check couldn't hurt

Feb 21, 08 8:07 am  · 
 · 
bodz11

like the white space. also like the consistent placement on the page. the work is great. could use a consistent footer on each page. stating name, intent, school, etc. keep it subtle though. just a thought...do they have m. arch at wash st.?
Good work! Good Luck!

Feb 21, 08 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
lopaka

Thanks for all the advice and comments...

Yeah, WSU has a m. arch. Its pretty small and most students come from their undergrad, but some good stuff comes out of there.

Feb 21, 08 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

dope!

Feb 22, 08 2:02 am  · 
 · 
eenie

lopaka. Again Good Work, your portfolio is more spaced out and has larger images that are very clear. It's somewhat different from what I'm used to seeing here on A-nect where the porfolios are more filled with condensed images/diagrams like a presentation wall. There isn't as much of that going on here and it's is presented well. That's somethng I'll take into account when I apply.

Feb 26, 08 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Good job.

Love the plans (assuming they work, of course), process models for the Pidgin project looked great (finals looked nice too).

I like the consistency you have in the layout, too. Easy to follow and looks very professional, could be a monograph.

I'd agree about the color renderings looking a little flat. I'd highly recommend trying to improve those, if you have the skills. Just something basic would help (like soft lighting, more depth and a little contrast). Can't say I am a fan of stylized transparent models in the foreground (feels like 10 years ago).
If you don't know vray or final rendering or something, use an old fashioned lighting rig. Shoot me an email if you don't have one and I'll try to dig one up.

I am biased about renderings, but I think with just a little effort you could get some super images that add a lot of depth.

Oh, and it looks like you've got great process in general. I am guessing that any sketches you have, process models, etc., would look great as a set of random images stuck in there somewhere (think Morphosis's early mylar pages). The last page diagram would look great by itself, just as some abstract piece.

Feb 26, 08 10:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: