Archinect
anchor

whatever happened to decoi architects / mark goulthorpe?

Mission St.

seems like they were rockin' shit 2-3 years ago. now a google search brings up zip (that isn't *old*) and their web site is *poof*!

Feb 12, 08 3:45 pm
bollocks

he's teaching at MIT

Feb 12, 08 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
Mission St.

thanks! his CV on the MIT site tastes really stale, but i did dig up a link to a site for the hyposurface www.hyposurface.org looks like that thing is on some kind of never-ending world tour. still makes my jaw drop watching the videos.

still, i'd love to know what he's up to *lately*. sigh... i'll just imagine he's working on something even cooler than hyposurface.

Feb 12, 08 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
vi_d

He will be speaking at UPenn on April 10

Feb 13, 08 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
a-f

ha! yes, it's funny how many years the hyposurface has been around - yet it looks like it would chop your fingers off if you touched it while in action!

Feb 13, 08 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
Mission St.

you've seen the videos, right? (they're on the hyposurface.org site) people are laying against the wall! and these waves come across the surface and push them off!! that's some *uckin' interactive architecture.

Feb 15, 08 6:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: