Archinect
anchor

Archinectors Super Duper Tuesday Poll

You have seen the threads and passion on all sides, now let's see which candidate archinectors support:

Your title
Which Candidate do you Support Barack Obama
Hillary Clinton
John McCain
Mike Huckabee
Mitt Romney

view results
- This javascript is placed in banners/banner_pollinside.js

-

// End Snappoll.com Poll Code //

Feb 3, 08 6:16 pm
treekiller

What about those candidates who dropped out?

I'd rather be caucusing for edwards or richardson then the remaining choices!

Feb 3, 08 8:05 pm  · 
 · 

After an hour and a half we know one thing: Obama followers don't watch football.

Barack Obama 95% -18

Mitt Romney 5% -1

Hillary Clinton 0% -0

John McCain 0% -0

Mike Huckabee 0% -0

total votes: 19

Feb 3, 08 8:10 pm  · 
 · 

but TK, it is the Super Duper Tuesday poll... I guess I should have added Gravel and Ron Paul, oh well...

Feb 3, 08 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

2 bad the indianastan primary isnt until may! wtf?

Feb 3, 08 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
After an hour and a half we know one thing: Obama followers don't watch football.

another plus for obama!

Feb 3, 08 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
n_

^ Hilarious, SW.

Feb 3, 08 9:47 pm  · 
 · 

let's see if this is true, right now this is the tally:

Barack Obama 96% -22

Mitt Romney 4% -1

Hillary Clinton 0% -0

John McCain 0% -0

Mike Huckabee 0% -0

Let's see how the sad Patriot fans coming back to cry online will change this.

Feb 3, 08 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i love football!

Feb 3, 08 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

where's sanjaya?

Feb 3, 08 10:17 pm  · 
 · 

I think he dropped out after Iowa

Feb 3, 08 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

vote romney!

Feb 4, 08 1:09 am  · 
 · 

Barack Obama 79% -33

Hillary Clinton 14% -6

Mitt Romney 5% -2

Mike Huckabee 2% -1

John McCain 0% -0

Feb 4, 08 3:53 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

archinect is supressing the vote. canidates are missing from the ballot. fraud! fraud!

Feb 4, 08 8:32 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen

Uh, yeah. There are quite a few missing from this list: Presidential Candidates.

Granted, not all on that list have enough support to get a on a Primary ballot (some where just rumored to run)...

But the poll is titled "Which candidate do you support?"

Feb 4, 08 9:09 am  · 
 · 

If you support another candidate, feel free to write him/her in.

Barack Obama 73% -38
Hillary Clinton 19% -10
Mitt Romney 4% -2
John McCain 2% -1
Mike Huckabee 2% -1

total votes: 52

Feb 4, 08 9:25 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

John Edwards--the man's name is still on the ballot and you can still vote for him, and if you--like me--want all that trendy health care that Barack Obama doesn't want to give you--your vote for him still counts. Barack's a nice guy, but his policy proposals leave something wanting. I know Edwards isn't going to win this thing, but if he gets even modest returns tomorrow (say 5%) it will force people like Obama to heed the progressive message that has fallen silent since Edwards left, and will force Obama to improve his policy proposals. Then, I'll be happy.

Big John Edwards

Feb 4, 08 9:27 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i want everyone to vote for edwards and alan keyes on Tuesday, please!

Feb 4, 08 9:38 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Isn't Alan Keyes the carpetbagger who the Illinois GOP drafted at the last minute to run against Barack Obama for Senate, even though the only time he had apparently spent in Illinois was changing flights at O'Hare? The same Alan Keyes who disowned his daughter when she came out as a lesbian? Yeah, that's a real class act.

Feb 4, 08 11:36 am  · 
 · 

Barack Obama 75% 54

Hillary Clinton 15% 11

John McCain 4% 3

Mitt Romney 4% 3

Mike Huckabee 1% 1

total votes: 72

Feb 4, 08 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
SandRoad

Whether or not Obama lives up to his current public perception remains to be seen. He's definitely been run pretty high up the flagpole.
I'll still contend that there is a sort of inverse correlation present exemplified even on QR's stats... the more that's known of a candidate's positions, the less popular he/she ranks in the polls.

Feb 4, 08 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

Sand Road, Huckabee is last, tell me three of his positions.

You probably cannot because your statement is completely wrong and misleading.

Feb 4, 08 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

my wish is that the whole country would vote at once and there would be a representative democracy
more than voting for a person you would vote for a party and platform like anywhere else in the world

how did the rest of the world get so far ahead of usa when it comes to democracy and how do we scrap this rigged system and instate one that allows equal representation?!

Obama is the clear choice of AIA and MoveOn

nobody wants Hillary she is a shrewd sell out who sold out to wal-mart and sold out the usa people when it came to health care for a paltry 200 million (see sicko)

as far as Mccain i mean the guy is a post torture victim and he flip flopped on his opposition to it and caved in the end and can now be held responsible for helping allow usa to become a rouge nation with a torture policy. I wonder what kind of hand job bush gave him...

Feb 4, 08 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

I would vote for RP but don't know how to write in...

Feb 4, 08 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Bill Bradley isn't running for anything, but he endorsed Obama.

Feb 4, 08 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
SandRoad

Elim -- Paul is even lower. We should talk about him. Or Obama. I realize each candidate has a website, and so it wouldn't be too hard to play ping pong with what those sites lay out. I really don't care to do that -- not the point.
I think the reason you bring up Huckabee is not only that he's last on QR's list, but that you actually already do know some of his major positions, and you aren't liking them...which tends to drive my point. I think you DO already know that huckabee supports 2nd ammendment, pro-life, border contol, etc. .... Don't misunderstand -- I'm not likely to vote for huckabee, but on a lot of specific issues, yeah, he's got pretty definite opinions. Obama is essentially capitalizing on the opposite of all that...he wants to be the CHANGE guy...everything is going to CHANGE if he's elected... hey, change can be good. I'm just more interested than you as to exactly what this might mean.

Feb 4, 08 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
SandRoad

"...responsible for helping allow usa to become a rouge nation..."

Rouge Nation? Wow, I really missed something about that guy's tendencies.

Feb 4, 08 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

a change that brings equality (less polarization between rich and poor(maybe no more poor like many other places that don't allow that to happen)
a change that brings justice (war crimes trials for bush's illegal and immoral war to conserve a old dieing hegemonic agenda)

Feb 4, 08 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

the violation of any persons fundamental human rights defiantly puts you on the Rouge nation list on opposition to world opinion and environmental policies, supporting apartheid states too

a nation that needs a cure to kick the addiction to war to get what it pleases by means, violence

call in the pit-bull back in aka Condi

Feb 4, 08 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

hey and maybe people of color will get those long over do reparations and the treaties with the Indian nations can start to be honored

Feb 4, 08 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

ohh and take 1 look at the list of countries who still use Capital Punishment (death sentence) ... the absolute moralists judgmenters be gone, thee of extremely low intelligence and cronyism

1. China (at least 1,010 based on publicly available reports, other sources suggest the real tally is between 7,500 and 8,000)[5]
2. Iran (177)
3. Pakistan (82)
4. Iraq (at least 65)
5. Sudan (at least 65)
6. United States (53)

can you list a few industrial complexes that need healing? maybe the prison industrial complex that has over 90% non violent people locked up eclipsing total world prison populations combined

Feb 4, 08 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

in the early 19th century michigan was one of the first governments of the world to outlaw capital punishment. they have never observed capital punishment as a US state.

Feb 4, 08 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman
http://www.cuadp.org/michhist.pdf
Feb 4, 08 1:59 pm  · 
 · 

Barack Obama 75% 64

Hillary Clinton 14% 12

John McCain 5% 4

Mitt Romney 4% 3

Mike Huckabee 1% 1

total votes: 85

Feb 4, 08 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
SandRoad

Hey, slow down there, Anti...it's a free country. Ain't nobody stoppin' ya from joining Rouge Nation.

Feb 4, 08 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
sic transit gloria

here's another poll

Feb 4, 08 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

Europe seeks the eradication of poverty by 2010

Feb 4, 08 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

and world peace

Feb 4, 08 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

not if the military industrial complex(the corporation) has anything to do with it. they are in the business of war and will make them up to keep selling their wares as we see in a multitude of places

Feb 4, 08 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

Can you take the first two and combine them please? We want our cake and to eat it too.

Feb 4, 08 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Europe ain't gonna eradicate poverty. Hell, next to the U.S. they're amongst the top exporters of global poverty.

Feb 4, 08 10:14 pm  · 
 · 

Barack Obama 75% 73

Hillary Clinton 13% 13

John McCain 5% 5

Mitt Romney 5% 5

Mike Huckabee 1% 1

total votes: 97

Now it is time for everyone to get out and vote!!

Feb 5, 08 9:26 am  · 
 · 
SandRoad

"the U.S. ...top exporter(s) of global poverty..."

That's an outrageous statement.

Feb 5, 08 9:50 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

exactly - the u.s. imports poverty

by the millions

Feb 5, 08 10:17 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

War in Iraq generates poverty
War on Drugs generates poverty
"Free Trade" agreements that heavily favor U.S. business generates poverty
Global economic hegemony generates poverty
War in Afghanistan generates poverty
U.S. corruption of foreign governments generates poverty

You add all that with incompetent governments and you have poverty in the developing world.

Feb 5, 08 10:24 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Agreed. People think the Civil War ended a slavery-based economy. That's bullshit. The only thing it did was demonstrate that it's more feasible to ship the plantations overseas than to ship the slaves here.

Feb 5, 08 10:27 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

What pisses me off about this system the most is that we try to espouse global economic free markets, but we constantly meddle in the mix so Americans can enjoy cheaper prices than the rest of the world.

Feb 5, 08 10:31 am  · 
 · 
AP

as an independent in New York i am experiencing disenfranchisement. i would relish the chance to attempt voting during this crazy parade going on downstairs...but alas, only intra-party voting in the NY primary.

Feb 5, 08 11:12 am  · 
 · 

Barack Obama 74% 76

Hillary Clinton 15% 15

John McCain 6% 6

Mitt Romney 5% 5

Mike Huckabee 1% 1

total votes: 103

I have to say that I find these results interesting because:

-I thought that the lurkers would do it, it seems like a bit of a low turn out
-5:1 Obama vs. Hillary?
-It is so tight in the Republican side of things.

anyway, I just came back from voting, I guess I had registered undecided (I have been democrat and republican in the past and can never remember) but Mass lets me vote anyway. as always, it feels good.

Feb 5, 08 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

usa #1 export poverty, for sure

Feb 5, 08 2:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: