Archinect
anchor

WARNING: DO NOT DRINK!!!!!

Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Bud light + Clamato = I.P.V. (Instant Projectile Vomiting)

Jan 6, 08 12:46 am
Living in Gin

Nothing good could possibly come from that.

Jan 6, 08 1:37 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

you drink that one for the morning after, with breakfast...

Jan 6, 08 1:52 am  · 
 · 

how did that ever make it past test marketing and focus groups?

Jan 6, 08 7:01 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

I love how you decided to go for the tall-boy first time out.

Jan 6, 08 10:17 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Nice tile work, behind the atrocity.

Jan 6, 08 10:27 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i will say, however, that CLAMATO makes the best bloody mary.

Jan 6, 08 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

steven, it's a product of marketing to hispanics.

spotted: IKEA glassware.

Jan 6, 08 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

I worked for the guy who brought back the vertcal towel dispenser, in the early 'eighties. (It was an old and forgotten idea.) Jeff Bartelt, Sausalito. Made of alder and maple. Sold a lot to Williams Sonoma and Macy's -- until Macy's decided to have them made more cheaply elsewhere. BIG seller, still a staple. He told me "it's useless to fight design poaching; just be ready with something else." He died of a stroke at 42.

Jan 6, 08 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, i would never trust a michelada made by budweiser.

i went to a great mexican seafood (mariscos, if you will) restaurant yesterday and we had some great micheladas made with tomato juice, lime, salt, and a little clam juice with bits of clam @ the bottom.

yeah, it might sound weird to some of you, but man, it's freakin' delicious! =D

Jan 6, 08 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

This looks positively revolting. I had to look up what clamato was and am now sorry I did. Also I used to like bloody marys but now I'm not so sure.

Jan 6, 08 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you had me projectile vomiting at bud light (to be spoken like renee zellwegger in jerry maguire)

Jan 6, 08 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
ksArcher

so thats clam juice in there??

Jan 6, 08 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
EarlyPM

Wait a minute. Clamato is a gift from the gods. It's the Bud Lite that's a problem.

Try a homemade one, with a decent beer, a little pepper, horseradish, worshtishire, and tapatio. A salted rim doesn't hurt either.

Jan 6, 08 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

Gross.

Now a bloody mary with vodka on the other hand... whiskey willies, a-1, worcestershire, lime, horse raddish, celery salt, celery stalk = yum yum

Jan 7, 08 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
LameArc

the only thing i drink in tijuana is tequila and micheladas. and i must say, even for a gringo, i love me some micheladas.

john, dont forget the tabasco...

i think this one has a bit more selling potential...

Jan 7, 08 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
LameArc

i've had it plenty of times, and its not too bad. kinda girlie and all, but also works as a very late night/early morning thing

Jan 7, 08 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

ah yes, tabasco. salt and petter as well. thanks LA!

Jan 7, 08 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i could really use a zima about now

Jan 7, 08 1:40 pm  · 
 · 

miller chills are tasty. i think of them as a sort of beer soda.

Jan 7, 08 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

I believe that tomato juice is used in a Bloody Mary and Clamato is used in a Ceasar. Pretty typical drink for Canada but every time I asked for one throughout the states I always got a Bloody Mary and the taste is distinctively different, except for the one time in San Francisco when the waiter went and got both tomato juice and Real Clam juice into the drink. I got about halfway back to the hotel room from the restaurant and woofed.

Other than that Clamato with vodka is a fine cocktail,( don't forget the celery stalk and the spices ) pretty filling too so two four-ouncers will take the place of dinner in a pinch!

Jan 7, 08 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

I distinctly remember putting my lips to glasses with unknown liquids with oysters at the bottom while on spring break at the gulf. what i don't remember is afterward.

Jan 7, 08 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

esa es chingada. los gusta a nadie de los tejanos que yo conozco.

chingada, buey. pura vida chingada.

Jan 7, 08 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

whisler - my wife can't get over how bars in the states never have clamato on hand.

I can't get over how bars in Canada never have decent bourbon on hand, and Jim Beam doesn't count.

Jan 7, 08 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

Think I could get used to clamato in my beer much sooner than I could finding chocolate in there:

Jan 7, 08 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

oh no no no, you don't understand...it really really is good

trust me

Jan 7, 08 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

yeah, right !

Jan 7, 08 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

I also forgot to mention the mandatory tabasco and worcestershire sauce and lemon, I particularly like a lot of the worcestershire to offset the pre dinner hunger.

Jan 7, 08 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
jealous of the world

clamato..almost as common as maple syrup up in Canada.
With beer I think it's called a Redeye, but Clamato is more commonly used to make Ceasers. Which I think is the most popular cocktail up here.
I can't stand them, and would argue for a nice Crown n' coke instead anyday if ordering a 'canadian' cocktail.

Jan 7, 08 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

Make sure you make that crown n' coke a double...or triple...or more. Over the holidays again I forgot that in Canada a drink has only 1 meager shot of alcohol. Not like in America where bartenders free pour and your coctail is half booze.

Most of the time a weaker drink would probably do me good, but not during a family holiday. I needed to get drunk and one shot per drink just wasn't working for me.

Jan 8, 08 9:19 am  · 
 · 

I'm with dubK the idea of clamato has always sickened me out, as does bloody marys - I love tomatoes just not the juice, I love clams but I don't want it liquid - even if you tell me its clam broth. Who thought of that...sick sick people. If i didn't love canadians I would think they were all sick and weird people

Jan 9, 08 10:24 am  · 
 · 
LameArc

wait... they're not???

Jan 9, 08 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

quizzical

youngs double chocolate stout + a frambiose lambac is damn tasty

Jan 9, 08 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Oh man I thought this thread was going to reveal some major why-you-shouldn't-drink discovery.

I had a regular Bud Chelada. It was difficult to get even halfway through the can. That's with 3 people sharing. I have had a real michelada at Bar 107 and it was actually tolerable. Try one some time.

Jan 9, 08 3:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: