Archinect
anchor

Christmas gifts for architects

nonarchitect

What would you like to receive as a gift from your client ?

Dec 12, 07 10:38 am
holz.box

we always enjoy a nice bottle of scotch. it's something that can be shared with the whole office (um, except those that are expecting)

Dec 12, 07 10:45 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

ooh ooh! or paid invoices so we don't have to skip out on bonuses!

Dec 12, 07 10:46 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

probably anything i've posted on this thread would be nice

Dec 12, 07 10:49 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

love me schwetty balls

Dec 14, 07 5:34 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8-pCbQnSC4
Dec 14, 07 5:35 am  · 
 · 

I second the bottle of scotch. Or a Grey Goose. Paid dinner at a resaurant of our choosing is also quiote good.

Dec 14, 07 11:30 am  · 
 · 
aspect

look at dow jones and u know...

CASH IS KING

Dec 14, 07 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
b_dub

Yes I agree, Scotch. Does anyone else get to look forward to an annual FLW themed gift from a random relative, in seven years it hasn't failed at least one book or calender or something. Last year was a pop up book, hell yeah.

Dec 14, 07 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

starchitect superhero underwear

Dec 14, 07 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
aroy05

i remember getting the FLW pop up book! mom of course...this is the only architect that exists to the relatives...

and I agree on alcohol being a wonderful gift..hehe

Dec 14, 07 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
aroy05

love it 4arch!

Dec 14, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 

I think holz.box has the best idea by far... but in absence of that, I always appreciate the random basket of fruit. Everybody else is sending chocolate and popcorn, and all this outright junk, so when that fruit basket arrives there's always some people in the office that are relieved.

Dec 14, 07 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
aroy05

Fruit basket is nice after receiving all of the chocolate, but not when the very first gift from a client is a bag of apples!

Dec 14, 07 12:56 pm  · 
 · 

huh. we were just discussing whether we could sell all this fruit so that we could get some more candy.

Dec 14, 07 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

since architects believe we are gifted from GOD, then why do they still need gifts?

Dec 14, 07 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

deep thought...

when someone sends me a box of choolates it makes me think maybe they're a cannibal and just trying to fatten me up for the feast.

Dec 14, 07 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
Chase Dammtor

then they would just be eating second hand chocolate, gross.

Dec 14, 07 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
emaze

one of the consultants sent the office a nice bottle of scotch last year. It was out for about 3 minutes before the boss came by, snatched it up and took it home with him...

Dec 14, 07 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
mleitner

I have been munching on garbage for days. Today we opened the cheddar spread. It is surprisingly good for cheese you don't have to refrigerate.

Dec 14, 07 1:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: