Archinect
anchor

Whaddya doin'?

SandRoad

I'm interested in what projects people on this site are currently working on... gotta be some great stuff out there... got anything to brag about? Or complain about?

I've got a 60,000 SF clinic design and manage -- tight budget -- but good client. Definitely my largest project...
Side project -- a house on a secluded, wooded, hilly, 12 acre site. If I can figure out how to post pics, I have some 3D images.

Whatcha got?

Nov 29, 07 11:01 am
liberty bell

Typical, but good projects and clients: a major gut and addition on a historic house, several new kitchen/master suite/game room/etc. renovations on other existing houses.

Fun and atypical: ground up house on a downtown site.

Really interesting (and challenging): a prototype transit shelter that incorporates changing poetry installations.

Nov 29, 07 11:11 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

im eating a cookie and listening to fleetwood mac.

Nov 29, 07 11:22 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

20 story residential tower on Lake Mich. So far its a shimmering ice cube on the park, by next week the contractor may turn it into a painted concrete banana. keep ya posted.

Nov 29, 07 11:27 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

Private mixed use on an awesome site with a good budget, duplex art gallery on the ground level, three private artist residences above, lots of green (two landscaped green roofs on two levels), teak sunshades on the facade, near a park in brooklyn, starting to dig in a couple of weeks, really excited about this one.

Nov 29, 07 11:34 am  · 
 · 
aspect

it took me a while to master this new toy, lots of fun!

Nov 29, 07 11:35 am  · 
 · 
aspect

my gf want to use this for her t-shirt.

Nov 29, 07 11:36 am  · 
 · 
AP

16,000 SF single family townhouse on the Upper East Side, NYC.
the townhouse is comprised of 2 adjacent 8,000 SF historic brownstones.

each of the brownstones is 20' wide (PL to PL). the party wall is being selectively demo'd...

great client with a very modern sensibility and a healthy budget.

Nov 29, 07 11:40 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Sneaking some time on a freelance project while avoiding doing schedules and interior elevs.

Nov 29, 07 11:41 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

What is that, aspect? It looks very VERY fun!

Nov 29, 07 11:43 am  · 
 · 
gonron

we are architects working on making 3d images for architects.
you can see some images on www.estudioucs.com

Nov 29, 07 11:47 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

guesthouse (neubau)
single family addition
clinic remodel
100,000 sf mixed use clinic (neubau)
a few small projects for the city

i'm effing busy

Nov 29, 07 11:50 am  · 
 · 
minimalicious

nice gonron...what software is this?

Nov 29, 07 11:53 am  · 
 · 

posted elsewhere before, but i like it, so....

this is the mvp sports center, a 100k recreation center designed to accommodate people with a variety of physical and mental disabilities, i.e., everyone. site plan shows 6 hole golf course, driving range, and putting green, all with artificial tees and greens and fully accessible. (paths not yet shown.) building includes sports courts, dance studios, three pools (competition, activity, and therapy), arts rooms, computer rooms, physical therapy spaces, etc. with 'accessibility' as a sort of theme for the project, even the roof spaces are accessible for gathering/activities.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/archintentlouisville/sets/72157601281040641/

Nov 29, 07 11:58 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

14,000 photography studio - yes it's huge. Great project, cool design, artistic client, it has a flat in it too. Great site, great contractor, over budget.

110 unit affordable senior housing - nothing too exciting.

177 unit high end senior housing with 4 multistory healthcare wing too - historic district, very cool site and project. On hold.

12 "urban" lofts - existing shell, gutting interior, exterior facelift. Has potential, but too early to tell yet.

Pool and clubhouse for suburban community. Pretty good project - lots of glass, open timbers, contemporary style. Horrible contractor.

128 unit affordable housing - quite possibly the worst project in the world

Small group home for disabled people - nothing special. I'm just going CD's.

12 unit apartment building. Traditional style.

TI for contractor's on site offices.

Nov 29, 07 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Dam Mr. Ward - was that through a foundation or private donation? Looks very exspensive

Nov 29, 07 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

(insert s.f after 14,000 above)

Nov 29, 07 12:03 pm  · 
 · 

let's hope its not TOO expensive! it's a private foundation behind it, with the land purchased by the city.

steven (name change is for another thread. it'll change back.)

Nov 29, 07 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Taking a client's very vague conceptual idea of gallery exhibits (3D) and translating them into 2D.

betadinesutures those are pretty freakin' cool renderings.

Nov 29, 07 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Taking a client's very vague conceptual idea of gallery exhibits (3D) and translating them into 2D.

betadinesutures those are pretty freakin' cool renderings.

Nov 29, 07 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Argh, but that's STEVEN's project, not beta's!!! Stop it, you guys!!!!!;-)

Nov 29, 07 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
gonron

hi minimalicious we use max with v-ray and photoshop for the final images

Nov 29, 07 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
truman

a very large commercial kitchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

z

z.snort.wipe drool.

what were we talking about?

Nov 29, 07 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

liberty bell> is a "vex" modelling...

A city map is being resampled, that its X axis is governed by "A" function, and Y axis governed by "B" function... then certain aspect of "A" will feed into certain aspect of "B", and in return certain aspect of "B" will feed into certain apect of "A".... and so on....

Nov 29, 07 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
binary

marketing
website/forum

maybe getting into a firm to work on decent projects.....

clothing line... getting a few more graphics done.... then tweeking the shoe line.... and maybe working on the dress shirt line....

yeah...but nothing really that has any weight ..... just nickle/dime shyt

b

Nov 29, 07 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
Becker

aspect - are you entering Sudapan ??

i am eating lunch

Nov 29, 07 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

mhollenstein> just start playing with it yesterday, since is free, so whatever i can produce this weekend, will upload to their web... mainly for fun, no intention for anything!!

u eating lunch? u at korea?

Nov 29, 07 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
belle

a superyacht marina and associated town on the adriatic... it's huge! it's the future holiday destination of abramovich! (for real)

Nov 30, 07 8:35 am  · 
 · 
SandRoad

Am now involved in another project -- small urban waterfront / greenspace / parkway development.

Steven -- nice project... and BIG... what program are the renderings from? Were you lead design?

Nov 30, 07 10:32 am  · 
 · 

thanks, sandroad. the whole project is being developed in revit, though some of production will be offloaded into autocad. i'm leading the charge, but with a design crew is as team-like as possible.

the initial design proposals were mine and i get to be the arbiter, critic, and initiator of major changes in design direction (much to the chagrine of the team). (see the flickr link for history.) the guy driving revit has also made some of the major design decisions and i've got someone else doing detailed space development studies. we just now starting cds.

Nov 30, 07 10:59 am  · 
 · 
PsyArch

Not architects, but I sit between a team on Rogers Stirk Harbour's 122 Leadenhall Street (52 storeys) and Renzo Piano Building Workshop's Shard of Glass (60+ storeys)

Nov 30, 07 11:47 am  · 
 · 
rfuller

sw, which revit are you guys using? Those renders have me guessing 2008. I can't pull those off in 9. I've been exporting my 3d view to max and using mental ray for all my stuff. I just got a copy of revit 2008 this week. I can't wait to play with it. (although I'm still iffy on the whole revit thing...)

Nov 30, 07 11:53 am  · 
 · 
Oysters and Trifle

Steven, thanks for posting your noble BIM project. I can't wait to see the project finished and see the wheelchairs switchbacking up there.

As for me, I'm on a little hiatus to put my family together after a humpty-dumpty during the summer. But before I left, it was planting cd's for a community college improvement, sketchup studies of a beach house landscape and a residence in the hills, site visits to a swingin' pad's pool-spa-deck under construction.

I have to thank archinect for the things I've learned here; I think it made me go from CADchimp to #2 in the office (whoa, CADchimp to #2? Former President Bush playing with windmills? Bob Dylan promoting Escalades? It must be the end of the world!).

As a thank you, here's your Easter Egg (off season): In sketchup, set a bunch of views to make a walkthrough or flythrough. Export the sequence as a movie, but format it so it spits out a series of jpegs (have a target folder ready somewhere on your computer). Carefully put this folder in your ipod. Open the set in ipod and center click on the first image. Instead of pressing play, scroll through the series of images with the wheel. It's a neat little interactive bauble! With a set of 500 photos, this works best on the tall nano's, perfectly okay on the ipod videos, and okay but clunky at times on an ipod classic.

Nov 30, 07 12:27 pm  · 
 · 

revit/autocad '08, rf.

thanks, o&t.

Nov 30, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

the sunset over the atlantic ocean...pre-prandial apperitifs...dinner soon

Nov 30, 07 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Alpen glow on the mountains, thinking about skiing tomorrow and contemplating the first drink of the evening whilst xmas shopping on line.

Finished the DP set for client review Monday about 20 min. ago and started to strategize over a couple of new projects that came in this week.

Nov 30, 07 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
Becker

not at Korea, at office. i was going to enter sudapan , but gave into the temptation of not.

Dec 6, 07 7:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: