Archinect
anchor

The Hung Over Thread

wurdan freo

In a direct salute to the hammered thread, I am creating the hung over thread(Hope someone didn't already). For some unexplainable reason I have had the tendency to get hammered on school nights lately. Work is just no fun when you are hanging on the Wednesday before Turkey day... and everybody you work with knows you went out with your friends who were visiting from out of town last night and got shitty.

Best hang over cure when you can't start drinking again - 2 tylenol with a huge glass of water before you pass out.

Packers will kick Detroits ass tomorrow!!!!

Nov 21, 07 2:25 pm
postal

we had a coworker snoring in a stall two weeks ago.

yeah, he's an all-star.

when the exploding hatch girl and the snoring stall boy get togther, that's when architecture gets done!

Nov 21, 07 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
stevegambini

man, is your office hiring?

Nov 21, 07 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
d-arch

exploding hatch girl....?

Nov 21, 07 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
upside

dealing with the aftermath of 'everything on one layer boy' isnt helping my hangover

Nov 21, 07 7:33 pm  · 
 · 

I think it's time for this thread to be revived.... anyone else in hung over land with me?

Jan 1, 08 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Waisting away the day watching HBO Series Second Season Rome....nasty winter day outside....and a bit hung over.

Jan 1, 08 3:37 pm  · 
 · 

oh, boy.

Jan 1, 08 5:32 pm  · 
 · 

dude, it's halftime and I'm STILL hung over. This needs to get better soonish.

Jan 1, 08 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

Just Call me "Hair-o'-the-dog Boy!" ...auooooo!
<cowbell ringing in the distance>

Jan 1, 08 7:40 pm  · 
 · 

Suprisingly i was not very trashed last night. Thus, pretty together this morning...

Jan 1, 08 7:53 pm  · 
 · 

Hair of the Dog is right. I didn't feel like a normal human being again until I had a mimosa with dinner just now.

Jan 1, 08 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I only had two beers last night, and I'm happy I was able to stay more sober than 99% of the people on my subway train. I don't mind getting a nice buzz on occasion, but I think being totally pissed-drunk is highly overrated.

No hangover for me this morning, but that didn't stop me from going out for a nice greasy brunch anyway.

Jan 1, 08 10:16 pm  · 
 · 

new years started off with Pina Colados at home, then a warm beer when we went out; Mount Gay Rum & coke <- far too many to count and couple glasses of champagne at midnight of course, and then sorrel flavoured with enough rum to deaden a small calf. Of course this was followed by being sick the next day, for about 12 hours - when the drinking ensued again. At work, tummy still uneasy...the fun we endure

Jan 2, 08 11:17 am  · 
 · 
mdler

so....as many of you may know, I built a float for the Rose Bowl Parade in Pasadena. As many of you also may know, I got to ride on the back of the float fake playing the banjo.

So, the last week of the year is basically a charette to get the float decorated. Needless to say, I didnt get much sleep the past week. New Years Eve we drove the float up to where they que for the parade and then I started drinking burbon. I didnt really have a chance to sleep - had to be up at 6am - so I layed my sleeping bag down on the sidewalk and tried to sleep; it was cold and unconfortable.

At 8am I was on the back of the float, next to 4 exhaust pipes and a music speaker. I spent the next 3 hrs on the float...I had a killer headache and bad gas.

This was all in front of millions of people...

Jan 2, 08 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

dude, do you have any pictures?

Jan 2, 08 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

check www.sptor.com

I was on NBC apparently...will try to find a video of it

DubK took some pictures of me

Jan 2, 08 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I thought about yelling after you but I would have had to be really loud, and I didn't think you'd hear me anyway.

mdler did you see the skywriting? "Ron Paul is Hope" LOL.

Jan 2, 08 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
Ledoux's Eye

Damn, I was there (at the Rose Parade) and I remember that float. I also remember the "fake" banjo player on the back and thought he looked less than thrilled to be on that float. Now I know why. Obviously, I had no idea it was you, mdler. Good job on the float...and I hope you have recovered.

Jan 2, 08 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Jan 2, 08 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I must be hammered cause i can't find the thread....goof thought to all who view my comments...cause St Patty is upon us!

Mar 15, 08 10:10 pm  · 
 · 

... ouch ...

Mar 16, 08 10:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: