Archinect
anchor

meditation/breathing/etc..stress

binary

i need to look into meditating/stretching/etc...... any good sites/etc put there...or books...... i dont want to take classes/etc since money is tight now....but need something to get my nervous system back in line.......

exercise....i do push ups and squats.... i have bad knees so cant run or jog........ getting back to walking 2 miles a night though....

any suggestions

b

Nov 1, 07 2:49 am
morgan2sims

prayin' and believin' works for me..

Nov 1, 07 4:08 am  · 
 · 
binary

i dont know who to pray to up there..... i'm sure theres 1 force/power that controls everything...maybe a few side kicks that take care of the requests and little things......

b

Nov 1, 07 5:00 am  · 
 · 
grid

morgan2sims >> congratulations

Nov 1, 07 5:11 am  · 
 · 
uhhhhh
http://centerforconsciousnessstudies.com/

i am currently looking into this myself. i believe they do free seminars online.

Nov 1, 07 10:07 am  · 
 · 
ether

You'd be surprised how reasonable yoga/etc classes can be. Also, a lot of places let you pay as you go. Namaste in Royal Oak charges (I think) $15 a class and if you buy 5 classes, you get one free. My wife loves going there. At the very least, you could go to a few classes and get yourself headed in the right direction.

Nov 1, 07 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

look into Anusara yoga...

http://www.anusara.com/

Nov 1, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

breath deep....

Nov 1, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

the walking is actually very good for you. Look into Anusara yoga, though. It will really help

Nov 1, 07 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i used to walk 5 miles a day.... 2 during the day..1+1 to the coffee house (office) and back...then a 3 mile stroll at night to clear my head......

i think i just got lazy for a while.......got stuck on the stupid internet bullshit ........

b

Nov 1, 07 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

I LOVE YOGA. i recently started going to classes with some sort of regularity, and can understand if money is tight, and don't know what sort of programs are available for you, but at my local YMCA we have great instructors, and can go to unlimited classes with membership...which is only, like $40/month. i go about 3 times a week.

Nov 1, 07 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I download yoga videos. Free. Good supply. Variety. Great for stress breaking.

Nov 1, 07 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
corbusier4eva

Cycling (stationary or riding around town) is great, especially if you're not into jogging and killing your knees. Loosening and stretching those back muscles will help with the tension...push ups don't stretch your middle back enough I find.

A Physical Therapist cracked / released the tightness in my thoraxic (middle) spine a few weeks ago, and the pain inbetween my shoulders hasn't returned. Quite good really. Maybe a one off visit to a Physio may relieve your immediate body tension, so you feel more motivated to exercise.

Nov 2, 07 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i get alot of tension in my neck/shoulders.......days it feels like i've been carrying bricks around my neck all day........ doesnt help that i'm 6'3 either.......

i might have to look on craigslist for a elyptical or a stationary bike

b

Nov 2, 07 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
corbusier4eva

Sounds like a good neck cracking would be a good idea. I'd exercise, stretch etc, and the tension in my neck wouldn't go away. Then a few quick manipulations by a physio, and the tension and pain is gone! It was a spinal tension, rather than muscular...created by hunching over a computer for many hours, typical office job.

Nov 2, 07 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

mdlr - have you ever done Ashtanga? If so how does it differ from Anusara? I've been intrigued by the different yoga practices but have yet to understand the subtleties

Nov 2, 07 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

I need to do this too. Pulled my shoulders out last night, just walking to the damn car. Barely could sleep.

Stress'll kill ya if you aren't careful.

Bout time to find some yoga classes.

Nov 3, 07 8:30 am  · 
 · 
med.

Taking things seriously will do that to you.

Nov 4, 07 7:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: